Some people have a venti space in their heart for a green and white cup of Starbucks coffee in the morning. The fresh brew of dark, pike, or blonde soothes the soul of regular folk and gold members alike. And what better drink is there on a hot summer’s day than a venti Very Berry Sangria Herbal Tea with light ice? Nothing. K, maybe a Caramel Frappucino.
There’s over 80, 000 different drink combinations at any Starbucks location, each matching everybody’s individual personality and style. But what if we matched it up with, let’s say, whole neighbourhoods?
We gathered a list of Ottawa neighbourhoods and the sort of drinks they’d probably order:
1. Rockliffe // Venti Caramel Frappuccino. Oh, and could I get that Cali style?
K, we get it. You have money.
2. The Glebe // Grande Americano. Upside down, half full. And could I get coconut milk on the bar?
So alternative and individual, but at the same time so practical. Oh, and you’d ask for a “for here” cup so that you can save the environment.
3. Centretown // Quad espresso with an extra shot of espresso.
Gotta get through that 9-5 grind somehow, right?
4. ByWard Market // Nitro brew.
What, you didn’t think you would get a grande Blonde at the fancy Starbucks, did you?
5. Sandy Hill/University of Ottawa // Venti Dark Roast. Black.
6. Vanier // Can I get a venti cup of water.
Lets’ be real: You’d rather go to Tim’s.
7. Orleans // Venti Double Chocolaty Chip Frappucino with non-fat milk and whipped cream. And can I use my star reward?
You go all-out. Starbucks’ in Orleans are too spread out from each other and we don’t have any at the bottom of the hill. You treat yo’ self and do it fine.
8. Gloucester // Grande Caramel Macchiato.
You draw the fine line between getting something tasty but also something that will get you caffeinated.
9. Cumberland // Tall Blonde (the customer would give you a cheeky grin, too).
Are you ordering the drink or the joke?
10. Alta Vista // Strawberry smoothie.
Just cheering up someone at the hospital.
11. Westboro // Grande Green Tea Latte, no foam, non-fat milk.
So healthy and stylish.
12. Kanata // Venti Pike, with a little bit of room.
You got quite a way to get downtown, so you want a big coffee. At the same time, you don’t want to go all no mercy on your caffeine, so you get the medium roast. Oh, and you go straight to the condiment bar ’cause you hate the taste of black coffee.
13. Barrhaven // Grande Pumpkin Spice Latte
Pretty basic. You live for holiday drinks and the ‘gram.
Follow us on Snapchat: narcityottawa