23 Questions To Ask Someone To See If You Can Really Fall In Love
When things are super new with someone, it's easy to mistake puppy love for the real thing. The first few dates went well and the person is cute, so you start developing this magical feeling inside that can easily be mistaken for real love.
Falling in love is way more complex than just having a few good dates with someone. When the passion from the honeymoon phase begins to fizzle out, you need to have some values, passions and interests in common in order to keep the relationship strong. Some say that love only lasts three years! But not if it's real.
It's kind of hard to know if the butterflies are there to stay, or if the relationship won't really last to the next major holiday. To make sure you're not wasting your time, we've compiled a list of questions any couple can tackle on their next stay-at-home date (best paired with a glass of wine). The goal isn't to stress too much about future or kill the good vibes you've got going on in the relationship, but it's to see if you both are going in the same direction to avoid future disappointments.
Without further adieu, here are the 23 questions to ask your s/o when you are comfortable enough to play this little game with them!
1. What 3 things are you are most passionate about?
This question is meant to test the things you have in common.
2. Name 5 little things that make you really happy?
You'll be able to see if they can enjoy the small things in life.
3. What's the worst mistake you've made so far in your life?
You want to make sure they've worked through that immature phase of life.
4. What's the one value you want to pass on to your children?
Great to see if you share the same ones, and if they want kids at all.
5. How many times do you go out per week?
If you're passionate about discovering new places and trying new things, make sure you find someone that's not in a relationship with their couch.
6. What makes you really angry?
It's important to know if you're dealing with someone with anger issues.
7. Describe a perfect day for you, from A to Z
If you like to wake up at 6AM to go on a early morning jog, and the person says they like to get up at 1PM for a good greasy brunch, you might have to compromise too much to make it last.
8. What was your first impression of me?
Always cute to know.
9. Who's the most important person in your life?
If he has a strong bromance going on, maybe there's no room in his life right now.
10. What's your biggest dream?
To see their level of ambition!
11. What's the craziest thing you've ever done (or want to do)?
You'll quickly realize if they are boring or not.
12. How's your relationship with your family?
If you're not into Sunday dinners with the mother-in-law, make sure the person does not spend their weekend and free nights always at their parent's place.
13. Tell me a secret no one knows about you?
Always interesting 🙃.
14. What's the first thing you do when you're back from work?
If it includes a combination of beer-pizza-hockey, you can pass.
15. How many children do you want, and when?
Super embarrassing to ask, but it's super important if you are at a stage where you're looking to get more serious and start a family.
16. What are you the most grateful for in life?
Let's hope you find someone super optimistic and positive.
17. Can you describe your dream home?
If it's a cottage in the woods and you dream of a penthouse downtown, it might not work out long term.
18. Would you quit your job tomorrow to move to another country?
If you hate to travel, it's good to know.
19. Do you like being told "I love you" often?
It's really not cool to have to be afraid to express yourself because they are.
20. Are you the type of person who likes to plan surprises?
To make sure you won't be disappointed when he never buys you flowers.
21. On a scale of 1 to 10, how do you consider yourself romantic?
If you want a Prince Charming, the guy who gives himself a 5 may not be for you.
22. How do you like to be shown love?
If the person says they hate being touched in public, you'll be prepared when he avoids holding your hand at lunch!
23. What do you eat in a day?
If you're clean eating vegan and they have a plate of BBQ ribs on their plate every meal, pass!
BONUS, if you're game:
Do you love yourself?
It's impossible to love someone if you don't love themselves enough first.