Alberta is known for a lot of amazing things. Beaches however, is not usually considered our strong suit. When people hear "prairie province", they usually think tumbleweeds before salt water.
Surprisingly enough, Alberta actually has quite a few great beaches. They may not be totally authentic, but we do our best. Check out the list, and see how many you can road trip to this summer:
1. Alberta Beach // Lac Ste. Anne
One of Alberta's most popular beaches, located northwest of Edmonton.
2. Aspen Beach Provincial Park // Gull Lake
The perfect place for camping, and beaching.
3. Calling Lake Provincial Park Beach // Calling Lake
A smaller lake, perfect for a casual day of relaxation.
4. Devonshire Beach // Slave Lake
One of Alberta's few natural beaches.
5. Floating Stone Lake Recreation Area Beach // St. Paul County
A popular beach, perfect for swimming or relaxing.
6. Garner Lake Provincial Park Beach // Spedden
Play some beach volleyball, or soak up the sun on a giant floatie.
7. Ghost Lake Provincial Recreation Area Beach // Cochrane
Just 45 minutes from Calgary, this is a great place for a beach day.
8. Half Moon Lake Resort Day Use Beach // Edmonton
Kayak through the water, or have a fire on the beach.
9. Jackfish Lake // Athabasca
Take your boat out for a day of tubing or waterboarding.
10. Kinosoo Beach // Cold Lake
Voted one of Canada's Top 25 Beaches, so you know it's worth checking out.
11. Lake Newell Beach // Rainier
You'd almost think you're on a tropical island.
12. Ma-Me-O Beach // Ma-Me-O
With a name like this, you know you're going to have an interesting beach day.
13. Sylvan Lake // Sylvan Lake
Every Albertan needs to visit this one at least once.