I freaking love cheese. It can make everything better. Whether it's melted, toasted, deep friend, sprinkled on top, or paired with red wine, cheese is amazingly delicious.
You'll enjoy every bite of this bucket list. There are so many mouthwatering ways to enjoy cheese, so why not try out some of the best cheesy meals in Vancouver?
In no particular order, here are 15 bucket list cheesy meals that everyone should try:
1. Yes Ma'am // Hi-Five in Gastown
This Yes Ma'am is made with Six Acre's macaroni and cheese and American cheese. Combining two of my cheese loves, grilled cheese and mac and cheese. Located in Gastwon Hi-Five is the spot for those late night munchies.
2. Chorizo Queso Fundido // La Mezcaleria on Commercial and in Gastown
3. Truffled Jumbo Macaroni // The Flying Pig
This mouth watering truffled jumbo macaroni is only $6 everyday during happy hour from 4pm to 6pm. This mac and cheese is made with 4 cheese cream sauce.
4. Nachos // The Foundation on Main Street
You won't be disappointed with the huge plate of nachos topped with black beans at The Foundation.
5. Tasting Plate // The Salt Tasting Room in Gastown
Meat, bread, and cheese. Add a glass of wine and your meal is complete. The Salt Tasting Room specializes in artisanal cheese, cured meats, and offers a wide variety of wine and beer.
6. Brie Fondue // Burgoo on West 4th, West 10th, Lonsdale Quay, and Main Street
Burgoo's brie fondue is absolute heaven. The fondue consists of brie cheese, roast garlic, honey and white wine, and is served with cut apples, grapes and bread for dipping.
7. Gooey Cheese Grillers // Burgoo on West 4th, West 10th, Lonsdale Quay, and Main Street
This grilled cheese is as gooey and delicious as it sounds. Burgoo knows how to make a killer grilled cheese sandwich.
8. Poutine // La Belle Patate
Indulge yourself with one of Canada's greatest food inventions. La Belle Patate's cheese curds are impeccable. There's even an All You Can Eat option for the poutine diehards.
9. Burrata Pizza // NOVO Pizzeria & Wine Bar
NOVO's burrata pizza consists of fior di latte, burrata, smoked pancetta, basil, lemon oil, sea salt. Such cheesy goodness.
10. Cheese Toast // Hy's Steakhouse Cocktail Bar
Bread and cheese are one of the best combinations and Hy's elevates cheese toast to the next level. Locals rave about this cheese toast.
11. Macaroni & More // Burgoo
Burgoo really kills it with their cheese game. The Macaroni & More is chock full of goodness like aged white Cheddar, onion, thyme, bacon and peas, and baked with breadcrumbs.
12. Tomato Cheese Ramen // Men-No Kura on Robson
A cheesy take on Japanese ramen, try this unique flavour at Men-No Kura, one of Vancouver's newest ramen restaurants.
13. Mac & Cheese Sticks // The Roof at Black + Blue in Downtown
Deep fried mac & cheese sticks. Need I say more? Served with a side of truffled cheese sauce, this amazing dish is on special for $7.95 everyday during cocktail hour from 2:30 to 5:30 pm.
14. Cheese Balls // Stepho's Souvlaki Greek Taverna on Davie
These unique cheese balls, Stepho's own creation, ooze with cheesy goodness. Stepho's is a local Greek food favourite.
15. Mac & Cheese // Six Acres
Six Acre's delectable mac and cheese is made with gruyere, grana pandano, aged cheddar, and toasted breadcrumb crust.
Follow us on Snapchat: narcityvan