22 Things To Do On A Date In Vancouver That Won't Make You Broke
Dates to go on with your S/O or your BFF!
Romance is in the air. It's spring time, the birds are singing, and the sun is finally starting to come back out after our most recent "snowpocalypse".
Here's the problem though: you live in Vancouver. One of the most expensive places to live in Canada. Dating can be tough on the bank account and two dates in a week could easily send you into the red.
Don't worry though, we've got you covered. So now you don't have to decide on food or going on one more date before payday! These date ideas are mountains of fun without needing to spend mountains of cash. Have any ideas we missed? Put them in the comments below!
1. Spending the day thrifting together all over Vancouver. (Here's aif you don't know where to go!)
Cost: $5 - $15
2. Play house and go on a date to Ikea. Everyone loves picturing their dream home!
Pro tip: Make it a lunch date too! The meatballs are to die for.
3. Go to the Vancouver Art Gallery on a Tuesday or go check out these cool public art pieces .
Cost: By Donation or free
4. Have a fancy brunch at Paulie's Distillery in Yaletown for only $10! Served Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays until 3PM.
5. Go sign up at a bunch of dispensaries to get free grams, stay in, and have a chill date night at home.
Cost: Free. I can't tell you where to go but a lot of places do it!
6. Get some drinks at Cloud 9 restaurant and enjoy the views!
Cost: $10 - $14. The drinks are averagely priced but if you're just sitting in the lounge there it's cost effective. And for that view, it's worth it.
7. Take your S/O biking or rollerblading along the Stanley Park Sea Wall.
Cost: $5 - $15/hr
8. Test your video game knowledge at EXP Restaurant + Bar's video game trivia night on May 3rd.
Cost: Free to enter the trivia.
9. Get active and go hike the Grouse Grind.
10. Take a nice long drive along the Sea-To-Sky highway and enjoy the views.
Cost: Free. Bonus points if you go during the day and hike the Stawamus Chief in Squamish, which is also free.
11. Have a super cheap movie night at the Hollywood 3 Cinemas in Surrey or Pitt Meadows on a Tuesday.
12. Pick out a pound of clothes at The Rag Machine on Main St and flex on the Insta.
13. Watch a live music performance and be serenaded at Guilt & Co. any night of the week.
Cost: By Donation.
14. Head out to thebefore it ends on May 7th and enjoy the breathtaking views.
Cost: $8 on weekdays and $15 on weekends.
15. Go on a double date and take enough Instagram photos atspots to make all your single friends hate you.
Cost: Your single friends' happiness.
16. Relax and have a spa day at JJ's Family Spa Plus in Coquitlam.
Cost: $15 all day
17. Explore the virtual world and have an unreal experience at UNIVRS virtual reality lounge in Richmond.
18. Have an adventure in Vancouver and go onurban scavenger hunt together.
19. Go to theand snack your night away.
Cost: Free for Panda Night Market. $3.50 for Richmond Night Market
20. Get in touch with nature and go explore the VanDusen Botanical Gardens on April 30.
21. Hit up Stanley Park and go take pictures together under all the beautiful cherry blossom trees that are now in bloom.
22. Still haven't found anything on this list you like? Just grab a cheap bottle of wine and spend all day in bed with bae.
Cost: $6 - $9