16 Signs You Went To High School In East Vancouver
I bet you've got a BlackBerry somewhere at home
As you venture off into the real world, I'm sure you can't help but notice that there are a few things different about you, such as:
As a grown adult, you're still insatiable when it comes to bubble tea.
You are both bad and boujee.
"HOW DID I BECOME LIKE THIS?!" I'm sure is your next question. And I'm pretty sure it has something to do with high school. I mean, the signs are obvious.
So rather than listing off 420 simple signs that you went to high school in East Van, here are 24 of the super relevant ones that I'm sure will hit close to home.
1. You've either bought or heavily considered buying a North Face bomber jacket.
If you went to school in south east van you've probably bought two at some point in your life.
2. Alternatively, you have either bought or heavily considered buying a Juicy Couture tracksuit.
And none of you ran track.
3. In high school, you knew when one of your buddies got specially chosen to attend alternative school, and that this was not by choice.
*Walks into principles office* "Last term took an L, but this term I bounce back. Wake up every morning, by the night, Homework stacks. Knew those grades were real when report card, bounce back." *swerve, swerve, swerve, swerve*
4. You order phở in Vietnamese because phở is life.
"Hi, yes, can I get a Bún bò Huế please?"
5. You know the difference between pepper spray and bear spray.
you would think it was hairspray with how often kids would spray it at eachother.
6. Unintentionally, you now refrain from making eye contact with strangers for more than 2 seconds.
"Hey bro." and "THE FVCKS UP BUDDY?!" are two very different greetings with very different outcomes.
7. Somewhere in your house there is a drawer filled with dead BlackBerrys.
And I'm not talking about the fruit.
8. You could be inside the Vatican and you would still shoulder check every 20 seconds when you are walking outside at night.
Walk around enough times past 10 at Joyce and you'll wind up like this.
9. Prior to learning how to do taxes, you learned how not to get "taxed".
Tax season was every season. Especially near J.O and Tupper.
10. Every time you accomplish something, "Started From The Bottom" starts playing in your head.
*Catches the 43* "...Started.."
11. You read 419 as "four hundred and nineteen" but read 420 as "four twenty"
12. You live in a constant state of Porsche dreams with a Honda Civic bank account.
The busses in East Van are always filled with Gucci and Louis bags.
13. You spent a large amount of your adolescence at Metrotown.
CHQ was lit fam.
14. You don't or didn't always naturally default to coffee with friends but instead, bubble tea was your catch up drink of choice.
Bubble World must be ballin' by now.
15. You've been a pro at putting on fake lashes for as long as you can remember.
It's not an acquired skill, but a required skill.
16. Your old dispensary used to wear a Gucci murse.
*2 Chainz voice* TRUU