If you're from Vancouver or any surrounding area, you probably have a mental map in your head of the ever-so-different areas of the city. A large part of this mental map includes fairly accurate stereotypes and cliche's of the various humans who inhabit each area.
Who knew the divisions between a couple highways and bridges could breed such distinct individuals - but evidently it does. And we like to represent ourselves accordingly.
There's no need to tell us, we all know you grew up in West Van. There are a few sure-fire signs that make you a dead give away and here they are:
1. You spent your days at Hollyburn Country Club
Maybe you're playing hockey, maybe you're sitting on the terrace waiting for the hockey players to flirt with you.
2. You drive daddy's cars
That Royce could belong to your dad or your "Daddy". We're judging you anyways.
3. The girls at Aritzia know you by first name
And your friends own all the same items.
4. You maintain a tan all year round
Thank you Fabutan Park Royal.
5. You passed time at Park Royal
Mainly people watch at the food court.
Photo cred - @starbucks
6. You have a complicated Starbucks order
"I'll have a venti non-fat, non-sweet, half decaf, half regular, sugar-free, easy foam, coconut milk latte. Thanks."
7. You hung out at either McDonalds or the skate park
In the underaged West Vannie hand book.
8. Your Instagram is mainly selfies
But honestly whose isn't.
9. You're a Lions Bay/Horseshoe Bay "hippie"
You live in the middle of no where and all there is to do is smoke weed at Lions Bay and Horseshoe Bay.
Photo cred - @britishpacificproperties
10. You actually know how to navigate the British Properties
AKA you can get to "heaven" in less than 10 minutes.
11. You frequented "heaven" to make out in the car
The windows were too steamy to see the views, I know.
12. Your visa has your moms name on it
Strictly for emergencies. But shopping and food are emergencies too sometimes.
13. You frequent YYoga
Or at least own a yoga mat for show.
14. You probably DJ
Or date a DJ.
15. The entire school showed up to your house parties
Maybe even a couple girls from North Van show up uninvited too.
16. You spend weekends at your cabin in Whistler
Weekends, weekdays, entire summers.
17. You worked at Cactus Club Park Royal or go there twice a week
Probably still do.
18. You know at least one pro hockey player
Or used to date one. Or are currently dating one. Or know a girl who once hooked up with one.
Follow us on Snapchat: narcityvan