Job hunting can take what feels like forever, and unfortunately, sometimes at the end of the day, you may not have found a job or salary that you are happy with. It is obviously a time consuming process and that's why we're hoping to help you save some time.
One of the factors in choosing a job is the salary. It's obviously not the only important thing — your job will hopefully be something you are passionate about and love doing. But being fairly compensated for your hard work, energy, time and skills is super important. Not to mention, you also need to be able to support yourself.
It can take hours and hours to find jobs that fit with your expectations. But it's something that needs to be done. So we're here to help you out by showing you some of the jobs that are currently available in British Columbia, for various salary ranges and fields. Or maybe you're not looking at the moment, but hey, it never hurts to know what's out there. We hope you find the job you're looking for and best of luck from the Narcity team!
What salary are you looking for?
For Jobs Above $20,000, Click "NEXT"
Salary: $15 to $17 an hour
Where: Queen Bee Flowers, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Candidate must be accustomed to putting together artistic flowers with proper knowledge of floral mechanics and be familiar with flower processing techniques.
- Looking for a professional Florist who is team oriented with an upbeat and positive personality and works well under pressure.
Communications Coordinator, Faculty of Arts
Salary: $25,563.00 - $36,824.00
Where: UBC, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- Undergraduate degree in History, Communications, English or another discipline relevant to the humanities.
- Minimum of four years experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Event Marketing Specialist
Salary: $30,000 - $50,000
Where: Giardino Restaurant, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Proven record of organizing and planning successful events.
- Incremental approach to support services.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline (Communications, Journalism , Marketing or PR)
- Minimum of three years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience in technical writing or other editing work.
YMCA Activity Leader
Where: YMCA, Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, Surrey, and Coquitlam, British Columbia
- Wants to work with kids, enough said.
- Positive Attitude, we can make any situation better!
- Passion, we are passionate about delivering the best service to our children and families.
- Creativity, dare to dream!
Salary: $15.00 - $19.00/Hourly
Where: A Bread Affair, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Training or successful work experience leading a staff team to success, and including scheduling, training and monitoring.
- Detail oriented with a developed habit of note taking so that you are able to ensure policies are appropriately understood and followed
- Food Safe training, a driver's license, First Aid training are all assets that A Bread Affair values from our team leaders. The ability to speak languages in addition to english is a benefit.
For Above $35,000, click "Next".
Coordinator, Design & Media, Continuing Studies
Salary: $38,126 to $45,894
Where: Emily Carr University, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Bachelor’s degree in design, media or related field required.
- Three years’ experience in design and media programming preferably in an educational environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of student engagement and program delivery.
- Knowledge of design and media education and the BC system of advanced education, public training institutions and continuing or adult education.
Salary: $25 an hour
Where: Disability Alliance BC, Vancouver, British Columbia
- We are seeking an individual with solid fundraising gala experience and ideally with contacts within the business community
- We will need a commitment of 30-50 hours per month from mid- January 2018 to September 2018.
Salary: $40,000 a year
Where: Fusion Cine, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Maintain e-commerce price list updated.
- Assess competitors by comparing the company's product pricing.
- Keep prices updated, competitive and profitable.
- Provide source data from manufacturers for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
Communications & Event Specialist, Faculty of Health
Salary: $45,372 - $50,741
Where: Kwantlen Polytechnic University, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Successfully completed an undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a related position, or successfully completed a two-year diploma in a related field and a minimum of 4 year of experience, preferably in a post-secondary institution.
Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Salary: $39,000 - $51,000
Where: Excellentia Homes, Vancouver, British Columbia
- 1+ years knowledge of office administration, general human resource management and supervision
- Flexible self-starter with strong communication, organization and multitasking skills
- High degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Able to lead without direction and provide consultation and expert advice to the CEO
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
Physical Activity and Wellbeing Strategist
Where: University of British Columbia School of Kinesiology
- Masters degree in Education
- Graduate degree in Kinesiology
- 5 years professional experience in leadership, program development and operational management
- Valid First Aid certifications
- Knowledge of fitness equipment and in good physical health
Foreign Language Communication Analyst
Where: Canadian Service Intelligence Service- Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Burnaby BC
- Undergraduate degree
- 2 years experience in research and analysis in databases
- Experience using the internet
- Masters degree in one of the following languages: Russian, Arabic, Somali, Farsi, Kurdish/Sorani, or Mandarin
- Experience in interpretation or translation an asset
Senior Manager, Partnerships & Philanthropy
Salary: $65,000 - $70,000
Where: Minerva BC, Vancouver, British Columbia
- A post-secondary degree or equivalent experience in any of the following areas: business, fundraising, education, community development and/or political science
- 5-7 years of experience in a donor relations or fundraising role for a charity or non-profit organization with success in donor communications and proposal development
- Experience in leading fundraising activities, events and initiating effective fundraising/sponsorship strategies and programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high degree of comfort in making presentations to donors and soliciting gifts
Salary: $33.61-$41.94 per hour
Where: Vancouver Coastal Health, British Columbia
- Masters degree in social work
- 2 years experience in related field
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of a client and family-centred recovery model in mental illness
- Broad knowledge of crisis intervention and supportive counselling skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
Where: Paladin Security, Burnaby, British Columbia
- Following individuals in vehicles, on foot or by other means
- Minimum 1 year covert surveillance experience
- Must have a reliable and suitable vehicle
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Under cover experience an asset
Where: Lululemon Athletica, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Undergraduate degree in business, management, finance or related field
- Must have 4+ years of retail growth strategy consulting experience with a top tier firm
- Must have 2+ years of project management experience
- Must have 4+ years of management experience leading teams
Interior Design Sales Consultant
Where: Budget Blinds, Surrey, British Columbia
- Excellent communication skills
- 3 years sales experience
- Professional, yet stylish
- Confident diligent and versatile
- Technologically savvy
Occupational Hygiene Officer
Where: Work Safe BC, British Columbia
- Use interpersonal and communications skills to convey knowledge of complex health and safety issues within work environments
- Make and enforce timely decisions
- Bachelors degree with a majors degree in sciences or engineering
- 3 years experience in occupational hygiene
- General knowledge of occupational health and safety
Salary: $83,166 plus benefits
Where: Canadian Labour Congress, British Columbia
- Sound knowledge of labour movement and social and economic equality goals
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficiency in social media
- Minimum 3 years experience in community organization and animation
- 3 years experience working with labour councils and community groups to plan and deliver campaigns
District Sales Executive
Where: Steve Nash Fitness World & Sports Club, Vancouver
- University degree in business administration or related field
- Several years experience as sales professional
- Previous experience coaching or managing employees at district level
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills