While you pull up your Instagram feed and see your friends in Hawaii and Portugal this summer, you're literally sitting here bathing in jealousy asking yourself, "Why am I not there??!?!?" 😭😭😭
But I mean, honestly, we all know why. We're just too damn broke. But who says you need to travel to have fun?
There's no shame in being a tourist in your own city. There's so much to do in Vancouver this summer, and here are just a few of the many ways to have an awesome summer right here at home. Go on and make the most of it!
1. If you can't go to Asia and have their insane street food, go to the Richmond Night Market instead.
Cost: $3.75 for admission
2. If you can't go to the tropics, let the tropics come to you at the Bloedel Conservatory.
Cost: $6.50 for admission
3. Can't go to China? Visit the Dr. Sun Yat Sen Classical Chinese Garden in the heart of Chinatown.
4. Can't go to New York for the awesome street art? Hit up these Vancouver street murals for the perfect IG shot.
5. If you can't go tubing in a lazy river in Thailand, why not take a little road trip to Pentiction and go tubing in this 7KM river?
6. Can't visit the wineries in France? Go on a wine tasting roadtrip in the Okangan vineyards instead.
Cost: Wine tastings vary from by donation to around $10.
7. Can't go to the hot springs in Okinawa? Visit The Grotto Spa on the Island that's just as relaxing instead.
Cost: $40 for pool access
8. Can't go to Mexico for a tanning sesh at the beach? Hit up the pool at Second Beach.
9. If you can't go shopping in Milan, go thrifting at The Rag Machine instead.
Cost: $4.95/lb of clothes
10. Can't go to Hawaii to catch a wave? Catch one at Cultus Lake Waterpark. Trust me, the waves are way better.
Cost: Catch their $12 After School Special Jun 5 - 29, every weekday 2:30PM to 6:30PM.
11. If you can't go to Six Flags in LA, go the Playland instead. Yes, it's open!
Cost: $33 (online)
12. You don't have to go to Sydney for great coffee. Go coffee shop hopping in your own hood with this list.
Cost: Free (okay, except the coffee)
13. Can't go to a low key beach in Majorca? Hit up these hidden beaches in Vancouver.
14. Can't get gelato in Italy? Choose from over 200 flavours at Le Casa Gelato! And don't forget to take a cute IG shot at the infamous "pink wall"
Cost: $5 - $9
15. Can't go to the Leaning Tower of Pisa? Check out this natural wonder right in your backyard.
16. Too broke to even watch a movie in the theatre? Watch free movies in at Stanley Park every Tuesday night this summer starting July. (Exact dates TBA)
17. Can't go anywhere? Who cares?! Discover your own PNW! Go hiking at Garibaldi Lake Provincial Park and be amazed at your own views.