23 Things You Must Do If You Only Have 24 Hours In Whistler
It's time for your perfect summer getaway.
Who says you need to wait until Winter to best enjoy Whistler? Hundred percent to those who can ski and snowboard, for those who have neither and aren't one for the cold, your perfect summer trip could be waiting for you right now.
Ever been to Whistler in the summer? It's beautiful and warm, with a plethora of lakes and trails to explore. There are a million places you'll want to eat at and the hustle and bustle of the village has this magical charm that'll make you want to visit again and again. So to make things easier for you, we've narrowed it down. From the restaurants and pubs, lakes and mountains, here are 23 must-do things in Whistler if you have 24 (or more) hours!
1. Take a picture by the Olympic Rings.
Did you really go to Whistler if you didn't take a picture in the rings?
2. Visit the Whistler Public Library.
Whether you're a bookworm or not, this beautiful public library is worth checking out for even a second.
3. Start your morning right with some fresh baked goodies from Purebread.
Freshly baked every day, and a huge variety of sweet and savory, it's a great start to your day.
4. Spend an hour (or more) at the Scandinave Spa!
With a beautiful view of mountain vistas and the spa, it's the perfect place to relax and rejuvenate!
5. Go bungee jumping at Whistler Bungee!
Bungee jumping is something on everyone's bucket list. And where better to do it than Whistler?
6. Attempt the treetop adventure course in Whistler's backcountry.
A cheaper alternative to bungee jumping, this adult-playground is an obstacle course 60 feet above the forest floor.
7. Get lost and immerse yourself in the Whistler Valley Trail.
Over 40 km of paved trail connecting Function Junction to Emerald, pack a snack and take a hike!
8. Rent a bike in the village and zip around the paved trails.
Why walk, when you can bike? Rentals are inexpensive and add fun to your trail adventures!
9. Venture over to Alexander Falls for an instagram worthy pic!
The viewing platform is right by the parking lot, so minimal walking or hiking required!
10. Get some sun and work on your tan at Lakeside Park.
A beach and pier both walking distance from the village makes for a great morning spent.
11. Make the trek out to Lost Lake for a quick stroll.
Not far from the village and only twenty minutes to walk around, Lost Lake is perfect for a walk before lunch.
12. Grab lunch at El Furny Warehouse in the village.
With the entire menu being $4.95, it makes for a cheap yet delicious meal (or two)!
13. Don't forget dessert at Cow's Ice Cream.
They've been voted Canada's best ice cream! Try their Gooey Mooey and we're sure you'll agree.
14. Walk off the meal with some window shopping.
Be sure to check out Provisioner, they've got everything to bring out the outdoor lover in you!
15. See if you can hunt down these train car murals in the Whistler Interpretive Forest!
Near the Cheakamus River, be on the lookout for another insta-worthy pic!
16. Let your sweet tooth run wild at the Great Glass Elevator Candy Shop!
Race back to the village and let your sugar dreams come true.
17. In case of rain, test your brains at Escape! Whistler!
Although the trails are just as fun with some rain, if you're looking to stay dry then there's no better place.
18. Grab an afternoon slice at Gnarlyroots!
There's never a bad time for pizza, and you'll need a snack for a big night ahead.
19. If not a slice, tacos and margaritas at La Cantina!
Beers and margaritas on an outdoor patio, coupled with cheap Mexican food sounds like a great afternoon to me.
20. Get ready for the evening with flights at The Fitz Pub!
A charming old-school pub with rotating craft beers and micro brews is a solid way to start a long night.
21. Grab your friends and get to Moe Joe's Nightclub.
Welcome to one of the best perks of being legal in Whistler, the crazy nightlife.
22. Next stop, Buffalo Bills and any of the other bars in walking distance!
Did you think it was one bar? Our bad, prepare for a wild night of barhopping around the village.
23. End your night off at Zog's Dogs.
It's 1am and you're in need of any solid food. Zog's Dogs is THE place to go, you'll thank us later.