The holiday season can be crazy expensive. Christmas is coming up which means you need to start saving all of your money for presents. I find that during November everyone gets in the holiday spirit which means you end up spending a lot more money than usual. You find yourself meeting up with friends more often, shopping every other weekend, going out to restaurants more, but considering how much money you're going to be spending in December, that's not always the smartest option.
Close your wallets now. My wallet feels the wrath of the holiday season for months after Christmas passes. Because of this, I like to be smart about how I spend my money during the holiday season. This is why I have crafted a list of free (and fun!) things you can do this November so that you set aside all of your spare cash to spoil your loved ones this Christmas.
Here are a bunch of free events, classes and just free things to do in Vancouver during November!
1. Free meditation classes at Sahaja Yoga on Nov 1st.
2. Join in on the city's first umbrella party on Nov 3rd.
4. Attend the Tea Festival at Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden on Nov 4th & 5th.
5. Explore every inch of Stanley Park.
6. Free family yoga at Orijin Yoga on Nov 4th!
7. Free cover at Sup Fu? Saturdays at Fortune Sound Club.
9. Get nerdy and listen to a free seminar on antibiotics at Scienceworld on Nov 6th. 🤓
10. Attend the Garden Light Festival at Bear Creek Park on Nov 8th or 9th.
13. Stroll the streets of Granville Island.
15. Join free #dancehappy classes at the Roundhouse Community Arts and Rec Centre in Vancouver on Nov 14th.
16. On Nov 16th enjoy the breathtaking view of the Lights of Hope display.
Recommended for you
18. Rollerblade the seawall with your S.O.
19. Attend the Art After Dark Remix event at the Richmond Art Gallery on Nov 16th.
20. Go snowshoeing at Dog Mountain!
21. Go out on the weekend and don't pay cover at any of these awesome Vancouver bars!
22. Get artsy at the annual Eastside Culture Crawl during Nov 16th -19th.
23. Take a self-guided haunted scavenger hunt of the creepiest places in Vancouver.
24. Visit the Vancouver Art Gallery (by donation) on any Tuesday evening!
25. If you have an annual pass, visit the Capilano Suspension Bridge's Canyon Lights display for free starting on Nov 23rd.
26. Explore Yaletown as it is transformed into Candytown on Nov 25th!
27. Wander around through the Christmas display at Burnaby Village Museum
30. Walk through Stanley Park and enjoy the Bright Lights display (by donation) on Nov 30th.