The best part about being in love is just simply spending quality time with your favourite person in the whole entire world. The problem is...you either spend too much time at home together napping on the couch with your child cat feeling like complete potatoes...or you go out for dinners, coffee, movies and end up spending so much money you're in the red.
Dating in the city and be expensive, but we can make it a bit easier for you. You don't have to spend $50 on a meal if you know where to eat, and you don't have to painfully pull out $60 from your wallet just to do something fun if you know where to go...and here's the list of where to eat and where to go.
Here's to all the "broke" couples out there who are tryna save a dollar where we can to save up for the apartment we'll eventually purchase in never years.
1. Grab $1 tacos during Happy Hour at The Pawn Shop.
And tequila shots are just under $4! Be drunk and full.
2. Play massive Jenga and board games all night at West End Games Night.
On Thursday, July 27: It's free and beers are only $3.
3. Grab a chimney cake from The Praguery to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Chimney cakes are $9-10 and you can find The Praguery truck here.
4. Learn how to salsa with bae.
For free, every Sunday afternoon until August 13.
5. Grab super cheap sangria at Steamworks Brew Pub.
One glass is only $5.99 on Sundays.
6. Grab a sushi donut from Sushi Donut Vancouver.
Sushi donuts are $6 and you can find the stall at the TD Chinatown Festival every Friday.
7. Take a romantic couple's dip at Kitsilano Pool.
Admission is $6.
8. Be one with nature and conquer Vancouver's Bucket List Hikes together.
9. Cuddle up to an outdoor movie together at Stanley Park.
Free every Tuesday.
10. Try Mister's new Coconut Ash Black ice cream.
Ice cream at Mister is about $6-8.
11. Take cute couples photos around Vancouver at these places.
12. Get boujee and hit up Westin Grand's Summer Pop Up Patio.
Every Thursday and Friday 3:30PM - 7PM (weather permitting). Drinks start at $8.
13. Go on a double date with your couple friends and play ping pong at Back and Forth Bar.
Tables are only $10/hr on Sundays and Tuesdays. Split with your friends and it's less than $3 a person!
14. Be super romantic and watch The Celebration of Lights fireworks this and next week.
On July 29, August 2 and August 5: Totally free.
Chase Hike the Brandywine Falls with your boo.
16. Grab Sunday brunch at The Capital.
$3 Mimosas and $3 brunch...enough said. 10AM to 3PM every Sunday.
17. Grab ice cream and play some mini golf at Welcome Parlour.
Ice cream is about $6 and the mini golf is free! Just ask them for clubs and golf balls.
18. Grab a daily special drink from Happy Lemon.
Every day Happy Lemon has a different drink special for only $3.90. We definitely recommend Saturday's Bubble Milk Tea with Puff Cream.
19. Bite into a soft and crispy mini donut from Outpost Mini Donuts.
Half a dozen pretty mini donuts are only $4.75.
20. Do a little road trip to Cultus Lake Waterpark.
Go with a bunch of friends to split the gas money, and entrance for Cultus Lake Waterpark is only $13 during Twilight Hours.
21. Get a couple laughs out together at Comedy Mix.
ProAm Tuesdays are only $8 for tickets.