The Ultimate Bucket List Of Everything You Have To Do This Christmas In Vancouver
Literally every single Christmas event in Vancouver this December.
This article is all you need this Christmas season. I'm talking the holy grail of festive activities. It's official, twinkling lights are sprinkled throughout the city, Michael Bublé is playing on the radio and the Christmas season has crept into every aspect of your life.
If you're a Christmas lover like me, then you want to know about all of the holiday events that are happening this season. I want to know who, what, where, when and why! Every single Christmas related event that's happening in Vancouver this winter is listed below. The best ideas for seasonal fun with your BF, GF, family or your whole crew! I've got everything covered.
From tobogganing, Christmas light displays, tree top adventures to holiday themed restaurants - we've covered everything! Get ready for the most Christmasy season you've ever had. If those aren't your jam, we've got Santa parades, cheese fondue on top of a mountain, sleigh rides and outdoor skating rinks!
What are you waiting for?
Let's get started!
1. Christmas tree lighting at Robson Square.
Friday, December 1 you can watch four trees light up at Robson Square. One is even 78 feet tall!
2. Visit Santa's Workshop at the Peak of Christmas!
You need to wander around the top of Grouse Mountain this Christmas. They have an outdoor ice rink, thousands of twinkling lights, a light tunnel, sleigh rides and you can meet Santa!
3. Go snowshoeing on Dog Mountain.
Explore one of Vancouver's best mountains this winter! It's literally a winter wonderland.
4. Grab a chimney cake at the.
How delicious does this look? This chimney cake if filled with Nutella and walnuts... YUM!
5. Walk through the 15 acre light display at.
Visit a garden with over half of a million twinkling Christmas lights. Talk about magical!
6. Take a ride on the Christmas train at Bright Nights.
The Bright Nights display may be free, but you definitely have to book your time slot on the Christmas train! Check their website.
7. Pick a Christmas tree from Oh, Christmas Tree Farm.
Pumpkin picking is so last season, grab your friends and pick the perfect Christmas tree to bring home.
8. Try to find this hidden cabin at Hollyburn Mountain.
Explore Cypress Mountain and hunt down these gorgeous heritage cabins.
9. Ice skating at.
Grab your S/O and skate around Vancouver's coveted Christmas rink.
10. Visit some Christmas shops at.
Stroll through the lit up streets of this tiny Christmas village in Vancouver.
11. Watch Santa scuba dive at the.
He makes an appearance in one of the tanks! Keep an eye out for him.
12. Visit thethis winter!
Glow Christmas is located in Langley and it's the hottest Christmas event this season!
13. Take a long walk around Lafarge Lake this Christmas.
There is a 1.2 km boardwalk filled with intricate light displays in Coquitlam! You need to check this out.
14. Drink glühwein at the.
They have amazing German drinks at this year's market. Try the glühwein or if you're adventurous try their feuerzangenbowle!
15. Take a spin on this vintage carousel.
Hidden in Burnaby, you can visit a Heritage Christmas. There will be hot apple ciders, a small Christmas village, and this vintage carousel!
16. Attend this year's Winter Solstice Festival!
Watch an incredible fire performance and take part in this traditional experience.
17. Check out Gingerbread Lane at the Hyatt!
It is the 27th annual Gingerbread lane event at the Hyatt hotel. Their gorgeous gingerbread centrepieces get more extravagant every year!
18. Grab drinks at this Christmasy restaurant!
Pop intoduring their pop-up Christmas display! It's the perfect spot for drinks with the girls.
19. Plan a Christmas weekend at Scandinave Spa!
Drive up the sea to sky for the perfect Whistler weekend getaway! Their natural baths are the best.
20. Class it up with tickets to Goh's Nutcracker.
This is a Christmas classic! Don't miss out on this incredible show.
21. Grab drinks at the Black Lodge.
You need to have drinks at this ski-chalet inspired restaurant!
21. Stroll through the Dundarave Festival of Lights.
This display is super romantic in the evening when all of the trees are lit! The tree-lit path will lead you down to the beach.
22. Explore the Canyon Lights display at Capilano Suspension Bridge.
Wander through the treetops and enjoy the thousands of lights illuminating your path.
23. Try some delicious food at Maan Farms' Christmas Market.
December 2nd and 3rd is the final weekend of this 3rd annual market! If you love authentic Indian food, you need to check this out!
24. Shop at the Shipyards Christmas Market in North Vancouver.
Take a ride on their gigantic Ferris wheel at this Christmas Market in North Vancouver!
25. View the Lights of Hope at St. Paul's Hospital.
This annual lights display is put up every Christmas season by a team of volunteers!
26. Watch the Christmas tree lighting at Jack Poole Plaza.
This will be the 9th annual Christmas Tree Lighting at Jack Poole Plaza. There will be free cookies, music, hot chocolate and food trucks!
28. Watch Santa's arrival at the annual Santa Claus Parade.
On Saturday, December 3rd watch Santa make his Christmas debut on West Georgia street!
29. Eat cheese fondue at the top of the Sea to Sky Gondola.
The Sea to Sky Gondola has an entire Christmas event this year. You can even visit Santa.
30. Spend an elegant evening watching the BC Ballet's The Nutcracker.
The BC Ballet graces the Queen Elizabeth Theatre stage every Christmas and their show is always hotly anticipated!
31. Take photos with Santa at this crazy display in Metrotown.
Tell Santa what you want for Christmas this year at your local mall! You can visit Santa at Pacific Centre, Metrotown, Park Royal and more.
32. Grab your family and take a short flight over Canada!
If you have family visiting from abroad let them try the Fly Over Canada Christmas Show!
33. Visit St. Stephen's United Church for their annual pop up tree lot!
Take a walk among these festive Christmas trees. You'll definitely find the perfect tree here.
34. Look for all of Vancouver's Christmas light displays.
Follow thisin the lower mainland!
35. Gowith adorable huskies in Golden!
This one may not be in Vancouver... but it's in BC so it still counts, right?
36. Camp overnight at Seymour Mountain!
I'd probably be too cold, but this does look amazing. Hot chocolates at the top of a mountain peak sounds pretty surreal to me.
37. Watch acrobats soar to extreme heights at Cirque Du Soleil!
Get tickets to this year's steampunk-themed show! You won't regret it.
38. Walk through the light display at Bright Nights.
We've already covered the Christmas train, but the light display is much more fascinating. These intricate displays are incredible every year!
39. Spend a relaxing weekend at this incredible spa.
You've already heard of Scandinave spa, but have you been to the Harrison Hot Springs Resort and Spa?
40. Take the perfect picturesque hike to Joffre Lakes!
Connect with your inner adventurer and hike this wintery trail.
41. Go sledding, snowshoeing or tubing at one of our local mountains!
Grab your crew and spend the afternoon tubing down some huge hills!
42. Skate around this adorable outdoor ice rink.
The Tsawwassen Springs rink is gorgeous during Christmas! They even have a festive Christmas tree and it's perfect for a quick hockey game.