20 Things To Do In St. John's When You’re Broke AF
Never a dull moment!
That moment when you're two days away from pay day and you're broke AF. You still want to go out and have fun but it seems like your piggy bank won't allow it.
No need to be a Debbie Downer! You can still go out and party with the best of them, because St. John's has TONS of fun activities to tickle your fancy. You won't even need to break the bank!
1. Pick up the bys and drive to Middle Cove Beach
Have a fire, skim rocks or just relax! See what nature has to offer.
2. Visit Bowring Park to feed the ducks!
The Bowring Park Foundation sells duck food for only $1 per bag!
3. Explore The Rooms and get in touch with Newfoundland roots
The first Wednesday of every month from 6-9 is free admission!
Photo cred — @fursty
4. Lace up your hiking boots and hike the East Coast Trail!
The only thing this will cost you is sore legs!
5. Go for a Sunday drive to Cape Spear
The ride is relaxing enough and the view is spectacular.
6. Do a good deed and volunteer with the Humane Society
Bring a furry friend for a walk around Kents Pond!
7. Practice your figure 8 at the Loop in Bannerman Park
The Loop is free of charge and open to the public all winter long!
8. Go for a stroll downtown and visit the local art galleries!
Photo cred — @wichan.y
9. Practice your photography skills at Fort Amherst
Take a photo of the famous Battery.
10. Get decked out in winter clothes and go snowshoeing Pippy Park
North Bank Lodge have snowshoe rentals for only $5 per hour!
11. Grab a cup of coffee and take in the live music at Jumping Bean
Every Friday night at the Elizabeth Ave. location enjoy live music from various artists!
12. Enjoy folk music? Experience Folk Night at The Ship Pub!
Every Wednesday night for only $5!
13. Snag your-know-it-all friends and hit up Yellowbelly Brewery!
Tuesday nights at 9PM are trivia nights! Only $2 to play and win prizes for a good cause!
Photo cred — @afterwordsbookstore
14. Tune in to some poetry at Afterwords Bookstore
Every 2nd Sunday of the month, free admission!
15. Lace up those runners and work those legs at The Works!
Run the indoor track for only $2. Lift! Those! Legs!
16. O’Reilly’s has their famous open mic!
Don’t miss who might show up! Oh and this event is also free!
17. Get the by's together and have a kitchen party!
Ya knows yer gonna have a time bah!
18. Visit the seals at Ocean Sciences Centre
It’s free to visit these little cutie pies!
Photo cred — @charae1
19. Drop down and see the artisans at Quidi Vidi Village Plantation
Marvel at the artwork done by 10 of the artisans!
20. Get the need for speed while sliding down Pippy Park Hill
Warning: Crazy carpets are called crazy for a reason.