If you live in Halifax and can't guess what the first food item on this list is, then do you really live in Halifax?
With new restaurants and bars opening up almost every month here, there is now so much more going on with the food scene in Halifax. Yes, we'll always have our Halifornia staples like Donair, Poutine, and cheap comfort breakfast at every corner... But thanks to new trends that are all about creating the most extra and instagrammable foods, we get to dabble with all types of tasty things from super elaborate milkshakes to pairings like fired chicken and waffles.
But time is of the essence in with this list, so if you haven't already tried at least 16 of the things on this list, then you're cutting it close. Some of these restaurants and foods are seasonal pop ups, which means that your time to claim Haligonian #foodie status might just wash away with the rain.
1. A Donair from King of Donair // 6420 Quinpool Rd
Did you guess right?
2. Eggs & Bacon Breaky from Mary's Place Cafe // 5982 Spring Garden Rd
3. Mini Egg Latte or Mini Egg Gelato from Humani-T Cafe // 1451 South Park St
4. A specialty Sundae from the The Dairy Bar // 5688 Spring Garden Rd
Pumpkin Spice Ice cream for Fall? Yes, Please!
5. Poutine from Willy's // 5239 Blowers St
6. Beaver Tails from BeaverTails // 1549 Lower Water St
11. Breakfast from the Ardmore Tea Room // 6499 Quinpool Rd
12. Ice Cream from COWS Halifax // 1869 Lower Water St
13. Chicken and Waffles from The Auction House // 1726 Argyle St
15. Peanut Butter Burger and A Milkshake from Darrell's // 5576 Fenwick St
16. Wings from the Halifax Alehouse // 1717 Brunswick St
17. A Beershake from Primal Kitchen // 1463 Brenton Street
18. The Fried Chicken Sandwich from The Black Sheep Restaurant // 1569 Dresden Row
19. Pizza from Triple A // 6279 Jubilee Rd
20. Sushi From Wasabi House // 6403 Quinpool Rd
22. Brunch from EDNA // 2053 Gottingen St
23. Plant Based Vegan Burger from enVie a Vegan Kitchen // 5775 Charles St
24. A Burger from KRAVE Burger // 5680 Spring Garden Rd
Amiya Taylor-Walters Everyone thinks my name is Ameeya but it's really Amaya #identitycrisis The only information worth knowing about me is that I like chicken nuggets more than I like people