It’s amazing how far a fiver can get you in this city! Not only is there always a ton of free stuff going on in Halifax, but there are some super affordable perks you can find on a budget.
Next time your friends refuse to go out because they say they don’t have enough money, suggest one of the following activities for an awesome time!
1. Stock up on some sweets at The Freak Lunchbox
Grab $5 worth of bulk candies
2. Cover at The Dome on Thursdays
$5 per person
3. Stand up Comedy Mondays at Gus’s Pub
Pay what you feel
4. Dessert from Ol’ School Donuts food truck
$5 per delicious donut
5. Avocado Toast at The Nook on Gottingen
6. Coffee and library chills at Pavia
$2.50 for a medium coffee
7. Ride the Ferry to Dartmouth
$2.50 to cross the harbour
8. Visit the Africville Museum in Halifax’s North End
Admission ranges between $2 and $3.50
9. Neptune Theatre Pay-What-You-Can night
Look out for this event once a month!
10. Hand Paddled Ice Cream at Sugah!
$3 for the minimum amount of toppings
11. Play some games at The Board Room Café
Cover is $5 per person
12. Henna tattoo ink at The Black Market Boutique
One tube for $3.50
13. Make some crafts at the Clay Café
Prices for materials start at $5
14. Moksha Yoga classes with new teachers every day at 2pm
$5 or use your class pass
15. Cocktails at The Bitter End
$3.25 from 4pm to 8pm during Happy Hour