Planning a trip is one of the best ways to try and forget about the absurd amount of snow we’ve been hit with lately. If you’re starting to put together your next summer getaway, or are looking for a weekend escape, be sure to make Halifax your next destination!
Below we’ve listed just a few of the reasons why you need to visit Atlantic Canada’s largest city if you haven’t already! The nightlife, delicious food scene, museums and historic sights are just a couple of the things that make Halifax an amazing place to visit any time of year.
1. You won’t find Donair like ours anywhere else
2. John’s Lunch in Dartmouth has some of the best Fish & Chips in the world
3. Our night life is insane – Halifax has the most bars per capita of any city in Canada
4. We’re within driving distance of some stunning beaches and Provincial Parks
6. We’ve got some incredible hiking routes right in the middle of the city
7. Our brand new Discovery Centre is the largest science centre in Atlantic Canada
8. There’s great live music playing every night of the week
10. Check out the Halifax Comedy Festival if you visit during the summer
11. You have to embark on Murphy’s booze cruise up and down the harbour
12. The Halifax Citadel National Historic Site (or Citadel Hill) in the middle of our city is the most visited National Historic Site in Canada
13. Alexander Keith’s historic brewery makes some pretty great beer right downtown
14. The Emera Oval is a great spot to skate if you’re visiting during the winter
15. The outdoor Nocturne art festival is the perfect way to take in some fantastic local art every October
16. Our farmers’ markets get some of the freshest produce from all over Nova Scotia
17. Learn more about the history of Halifax at Pier 21 and the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia
18. You have to take in the ships, restaurants, shops and incredible views from along the harbour
19. Our local restaurant scene is one that foodies from all over the world will not want to miss!