You either love seafood or you don't. And it's definitely an acquired taste, but those who love seafood love it. Unfortunately we don't live on the east coast and can't just get fresh seafood whenever we want, but we can come pretty close.
If you're someone who loves seafood, then you know a good place when you see it. And no, your favourite seafood restaurant isn't Red Lobster. So if you have a date that loves seafood, your birthday is coming up or you just have the biggest craving ever, then here are 10 restaurants in Ottawa you must try out!
1. Rayan Poissonnerie & Restaurant // 2020 Lanthier Dr.
What to order: Al Rayan special fries, sea food soup, garlic shrimp
2. The Whalesbone Oyster House // Multiple Locations
What to order: Lobster roll, scallop ceviche
3. Pelican Seafood Market and Grill // 1500 Bank St.
What to order: Lobster bisque, red Thai curry shrimp, seafood stew
4. Ad Mare Seafood Truck // 150 Slater St.
What to order: Fish taco, crab grilled cheese, clam chowder
5. The Shore Club // 11 Colonel By Dr.
What to order: Single tier seafood platter, spicy popcorn bistro shrimp, apple cider smoked salmon
6. Big Easy's Seafood & Steakhouse // 228 Preston St.
What to order: Crab cakes, blackened catfish, lobster ravioli
7. Merivale Fish and Seafood Market // 1480 Merivale Rd.
What to order: Grilled calamari, linguini pescatore, sea scallops
8. Lapointe's Seafood Grill // 60 Colchester Square
What to order: Coconut shrimp, ahi tuna, mussels and fries
9. Sterling Steakhouse + Seafood // 835 Jacque Cartier Rd.
What to order: Lobster linguini, salmon and beef tartar, catch of the day
10. Supply and Demand // 1335 Wellington St W.
What to order: Roasted mackerel, albacore tuna, squid ink rigatoni