Even though it still feels like summer, yesterday was, technically, the first day of fall. Everyone's favourite season. (It's also midterm season, reading week season, panda game season, and library-study-session-selfie season).
While nature makes no exception to show us autumn is in session (thank you Gatineau's Fall Rhapsody), there are definite signs exclusive to being a uOttawa student that every GeeGee knows - and no, I'm not talking about a Pumpkin Spice shortage at the Starbucks in DMS.
So if for some reason, among all the flannels and Uggs everywhere, you forgot what season it is - here are 13 telltale signs it's fall at uOttawa.
1. Everybody stops trying.
While everyone's first month of school outfits are always colour coordinated and Instagram-worthy, by the time October rolls around every other person is in a uOttawa hoodie. It's okay - we're all guilty.
2. When it's only the first week of October but all the international students are walking around in Canada Goose jackets.
Wow you're wearing a semester's worth of my tuition already?
3. Panda hype-mania begins
All of your Facebook is filled with invites - either gloating Carleton students or aggressively optimistic uOttawa ones. Probably also referencing that overplayed Desiigner song. Please stop.
4. And speaking of invites, the fall-reading-week-New-York-student-trip spam begins.
One of your business student friends is probably a trip company ambassador. You know who you are. Take my money.
5. At least 4 people you follow on Instagram are going to post the classic "Tabaret Park in the fall" pic.
6. And let's not forget the "I took a picture of the library and posted it while I was supposed to be studying at the same library" post.
Doing it for the Gram > Midterms (???)
7. "Spotted at uOttawa" posts start taking up half of your Facebook feed and now you hate cuffing season even more.
Why didn't you just say hi...
8. You finally realize that the girl you had a crush on didn't actually drop out of your class - she was just hiding under a blanket scarf this entire time.
Another reason to hate cuffing season. Thanks Aritzia.
9. The uPass office is finally accessible.
No more 6 hour wait times? Just in time for when we have virtually no use for it! Defy the conventional.
10. The Bookstore lineup doesn't feel like it's a semester long, either.
Again - perfect timing.
11. But since everyone's getting sick, you might as well skip class all day waiting to see someone at Health Services.
Flu season and the changing of seasons - the only times Telfer students finally stop shaking hands.
12. You probably have at least 3 friends trying to contest parking tickets from that church close to campus.
Yes, we're sick of the OC Transpo getting us late to every single class (and taking our bus station) already.
No, officer I can't pay for this on a student budget.
13. You've said "I'm giving up and transferring to Carleton" at least once. Admit it.
But only for the tunnels. We're better at everything otherwise, thank you very much.