In this day and age, I feel like it's becoming more and more common for people to steer away from alcohol. With this huge health trend going on, we are more cautious of what we put into our bodies on a daily basis. And even those who love alcohol know that it's just not the best for you and can damage more than just your body. However, there are some people who just don't like to drink–and that's more than okay.
Whether it's for health reasons, or just personal reasons, not drinking definitely isn't the end of the world. It should be a personal choice, but that's not always the case. People who don't drink go through many struggles, especially if they're the only ones in their friend group who chooses to not drink. So here are 20 struggles of people who don't like to drink:
1. "Want to go out for a drink?"
Sure. "I'll just get a water. Thanks!"
2. That look people give you when you say you don't like drinking.
Well, if looks could kill...
3. Trying to make plans with your friends for Sunday morning.
But you know all your friends will bail from being hungover. Again.
4. Not drinking must mean you're pretty boring or don't like to have fun, eh?
Yup, having fun really sucks.
5. Friends always assume you'll be the DD.
That's a funny joke. And you'll probably do it anyways.
6. When you tell people you just don't like the taste of alcohol...
Be prepared for a list of drinks that taste good and that you should try. Palm Bays are not good, btw.
7. People assume you've developed a tolerance for overly drunk people.
Nope! If they're messy and loud they're still very annoying.
8. It's not that we're not allowed to drink, we just choose not to.
If the person is okay with that, then you should be too.
9. *So and so invited you to their birthday at this really loud and crazy bar*
10. If you do drink from time to time, you'll never hear the end of it.
"Remember when you"–no. I clearly don't and don't want to remember.
11. "You can't be good at beer pong if you don't drink."
12. You constantly remind your parents that you could've turned out way worse.
But leaving dishes in your room is the worst possible thing on earth.
13. Yes, sober eats taste just as amazing as drunk eats.
Of course we'll still come get food with you after the bar. Not drinking doesn't mean we don't eat.
14. Sometimes you get annoyed of hearing your friends say they're broke.
But they always seem to have extra money to spend on drinks at the bar... *sips tea*
15. Truly, no one actually cares if you don't drink.
And if they do, just walk away.
16. "A drunken mind speaks a sober heart."
100% true and so embarrassing. We've all been there *cringes*
17. People who don't drink are never judging those who do.
It's no ones business and no one gives a shit if you do or don't drink. Whatever makes you happy!
18. When one of your friends drinks too much, you automatically become the mom.
No praise the next day either. This job sucks.
19. You can avoid the whole drunk texting your ex thing.
"Sorry you haven't heard from me in a while. I haven't been drunk."
20. People who don't drink weren't all addicted to alcohol at one point.
It's a personal choice for everyone. Do not assume.
Follow us on Snapchat: narcityottawa