When we get caught in our own thoughts when we're walking alone, we get a lot of startling revelations. I do, in fact, spend too much of my tuition money on Tim Horton's bagels and yes, I am too unfit to walk up the UC stairs.
Carleton's a big school. There's a lot rushing through our heads when we're trying to walk past people in the tunnels or when we're online shopping during a lecture in the Minto Centre. Here's some of the thoughts you probably have when walking through its halls (and tunnels).
1. Oh it's the University Centre stairs again. *ties up shoelaces and stretches*
2. I suppose I could take the elevator.
3. Or go to the gym.
4. Maybe I can get a bagel at the first floor Timmies first.
5. How much of my OSAP money do I have left though?
6. Bagel it is.
7. It's November. I'll take the tunnels to class so I don't freeze to death and die.
8. Why is it so warm in here. Is that the ceiling dripping?
9. I wonder what the people who painted the art on the tunnel walls are doing now.
10. *Beep* Oh, a tunnel taxi.
11. It probably would have been faster to walk to class outside.
12. But I could have froze to death and died too, so.
13. Maybe I should have gotten another bagel at Timmies.
14. Does CU Wireless even exist?
15. *Shows up to the lecture* I guess I'll just open up my laptop and see what's happening on Facebook.
16. *Lecture ends* Solid Facebook session and I did some online shopping too.
17. I'll head to the bus I guess. Which involves going outside again. Help.
18. It's 5:25. Why am I even attempting to get on the bus.
19. Maybe if I stand at the edge of the sidewalk I'll be able to get in the bus first.
20. Why do all these people have to be here.
21. We need a new plague.
22. Oh, there's an Out of Service bus pulling up. *Anxiously waits to see what number it is*
23. Nope, it's still out of service and it's driving away.
25. I'm gonna go check the times and look busy.
26. Oh, shit, it's a 111.
27. Why are you driving past me. I was perfectly aligned on the sidewalk to get in the bus.
28. K, people calm down. The bus isn't going anywhere. But seriously move too.
29. I want a seat. Please.
30. *Enters the bus and looks around for seats* There's the seats at the front, but do I want to risk it?
31. *Beep beep beep* Nope a baby in a stroller is coming in. You're not even old enough to study here.
32. Well, at least I actually got on the bus.
33. *Takes 3 hours and 40 stop signs to actually leave the campus.