So, you couldn't afford that flight to the Dominican. Neither could I tbh, but I guess now's the time to start saving for that dream vacation in the spring, right?
Now that you'll just be hanging out in Ottawa, why not take the chance to explore the city in its wintery splendour and save some money in the meantime. Here's 10 free things to do this reading week in Canada's capital.
1. Check out the ice sculptures at Confederation Park.
2. Take a skate down the Rideau Canal.
3. Catch some amazing views of the city on Winterlude's free zip-line (only until Feb.20).
4. Watch the Ice Dragon Boat Festival at Dow's Lake on Feb. 17 and 18.
5. Go for a walk around one of Gatineau's picturesque lakes.
6. Grab your camera and explore the Glebe.
7. Explore the eerie Wilson Carbide Mill.
8. Take a free horse-drawn carriage ride through Little Italy.
9. Get artsy and head to the National Art Gallery for free on Thursdays from 5-8pm.
10. Take a short road trip and explore charming Chelsea.
Follow us on Snapchat: narcityottawa