If you have yet to visit Ottawa, what are you waiting for?!
Ottawa is a pretty big tourist city, especially the downtown core. We have great things to offer such as the ByWard Market, Parliament Buildings, and all of the eclectic restaurants that will make you want to come back for more. If you've never been to Ottawa, you're missing out. Here are 25 reasons why you should visit if you haven't already. And yes, Justin Trudeau is one of them.
1. There are so many amazing things to do in the ByWard Market.
2. And even more amazing places to eat late at night.
3. We're not only home to the worlds largest naturally frozen skating rink, The Rideau Canal, but we also have a 12,500 square foot colourful skating rink as well.
4. Ottawa has so many great cafes that are bound to take your caffeine addiction to the next level.
5. We live in the same city as this handsome face.
6. We're so close to Gatineau, you can escape the city for a little bit and spend a day here.
7. We have amazing cheap eats that won't break the bank.
8. This city is filled with unreal haunted places, which you need to check out!
9. We responsible for the first BeaverTail stand in Canada. Bless us.
10. We have great patios in the summer that are bound to get you day drunk.
11. We're home to the 2016 Grey Cup champions, Ottawa REDBLACKS, as well as the Ottawa Senators and Ottawa 67's.
12. If you're vegan, we have some amazing restaurants you'll fall in love with.
13. And if you're a total foodie, we have a great list of restaurants you'll want to eat at every night of your visit.
14. Ottawa's art gallery scene will not disappoint you.
15. We're home to the first Starbucks Reserve in Canada. And no, it's not overrated.
16. We have so many fun things to do for free if you're broke AF.
17. Our city is so welcoming, and we have so many festivals celebrating ethnicities.
18. Just a short drive from Ottawa in Gatineau you can visit these ruins that used to be a mad scientists workshop.
19. We have beautiful landmarks that will make for a great Instagram pic.
20. Ottawa is known for their Shawarmas, and you need to try one to figure out why.
21. We have great breweries that you'll want to stay at all night. And probably will.
22. We have a pretty amazing shopping centre right downtown, that will exceed all of your expectations.
23. Ottawa has one of the best transportation services around, OC Transpo, and it'll get you anywhere you need to go.
24. We are the home to great music festivals such as Bluesfest, Escapade and Folk Fest.
25. We have adorable places you can stay at if you do visit Ottawa