If you've lived in Ottawa all your life then you know that the ByWard Market is the biggest attraction in Ottawa. It's comparable to Seattle's Public Market except obviously way smaller but still as cool. If you're looking for something to do when you're bored or if you're completely new to town, the ByWard Market has everything you need. Even just walking around the area makes for a great day with friends or your SO.
I'm sure most of us have toured the ByWard Market (a lot of us are probably guilty for mostly seeing it at 1 in the morning) but this is a step by step guide to show you all of the places you must check out. This is only a small list of the things you can do, but they're some of the best. So be a tourist in your own city and check out these 28 things you must do in the ByWard Market at least once.
Read also: 24 Things To Do In Ottawa In 24 Hours
2. Pick up fresh seafood to cook your bae dinner at Lapointe Fish.
via @undefined" class="lml-instagram-embed-2" />via @undefined
4. Pick up a new outfit at Milk Shop.
5. Get chocolate wasted at Cacao 70.
7. Enjoy a gluten-free and fresh lunch at Olive & Chili.
9. Roam the ByWard Market Outdoor Market.
10. Let your inner Christina Aguilera shine during Karaoke Night at Lookout Bar.
12. Rejuvenate your energy at Origin Trade.
13. Feel like you're in a movie at the Courtyard Restaurant patio.
15. Save your sweet tooth at Pure Gelato.
16. ...And at Piccolo Grande #noregrets
17. Dance the night away on Friday or Saturday at Whiskey Bar.
18. See what the hype is about in the Tomo bathroom.
19. Discover an eclectic amount of teas at Tea Store.
20. Transport to Italy for a couple hours while eating at The Grand Pizzeria & Bar.
21. Grab an obligatory BeaverTail at the cutest little shack.
22. Walk a few steps out of the ByWard Market and out of your comfort zone and get a tattoo at Universal Tattoo.
23. Order a hearty brunch at The King Eddy (with a side of fried chicken, obviously).
25. Party and shisha with your people at ppl.
26. Eat free on Tuesday nights with your girls at Atari.