So, you're done school and now it's time to enjoy the warm weather and take full advantage of it! Rather than just sitting at home and binge watching Netflix, you gotta make the best of this summer! After the brutal winter we had, we deserve some R&R and months and months of summer.
If you work a 9 to 5 job, then the weekends are your saving grace! Trying to pack everything you want to do into two days a week can be hard, but it can be done. While some of these bucket list things are road trips, others are a couple of hours here, and a couple of hours there. It really won't break the bank either!
Are you as ready for summer as I am? Whip out your bikinis, text your BFFs and make a vision board because this summer is about to be the best ever!
1. Kayak down the beautiful Dow's Lake
2. Eat your (healthy) heart out at Veg Fest (June 2nd to June 3rd)
3. Check out this gorgeous new coffee shop with with an even better view of downtown Ottawa
5. Eat one of these delicious bubble waffle ice cream cones at Golden Bubbles
6. Watch movies for free outdoors at Dundonald Park with Centretown Movies
7. Hike to this stunning lookout point at Eagles Nest Lookout
8. Successfully finish this unreal bar crawl in Ottawa with your BFFs
10. Visit this stunning swimming hole 30 minutes from Ottawa
11. Drink a margarita as big as your head at Pancho Villa
12. Take one of these road trips with your BFFs (NYC, Old Quebec, Niagara-on-the-Lake, and more!)
13. Or if you're short on time, take a day trip! (Gananoque, Chelsea, Kingston, and more!)
14. Watch Ottawa's gorgeous sunsets from one of these spots
16. Get your sweat on by going for a run around the Rideau Canal!
17. Rent one of these cheap beachfront cottages with your BFFs
18. Visit the new art gallery, The Ottawa Art Gallery, once it opens (April 28th, 2018)
19. Have a cocktail at Copper Spirits and Sights, which has the best view of downtown Ottawa!
20. Cool down all summer while checking off this ice cream bucket list
21. Take a trip to Parc Omega to feed the adorable animals
22. Relax at Nordik Spa-Nature, where you can swim, tan, and eat all day long!
23. Eat dinner at one of these gorgeous waterfront restaurants
24. Explore through this unique cave (But probably not if you're claustrophobic!)
25. Stop by this adorable popsicle shop called Playa Del Popsical
26. Drink wine and eat cheese with your bae or BFFs at Jabulani Vineyard & Winery
27. See the city from the water while on a boat on Capital Cruises
28. Get your zen on and do yoga on Parliament Hill every Wednesday in the summer (Weather permitting)
29. Check out this hidden donut shop that everyone is raving about
30. Cool off in this stunning waterfall at Princess Lousie Falls
31. Check out this new arcade bar that has 100+ shot options (The perfect way to spend a summer night!)