Never mind those new year resolutions, Ottawa. There's no need to wait until 2017 to do all those fun things you've always dreamed of doing. Let's live in the present and make the most of this final week we got in Canada's capital.
There's plenty to see and do, and some of what's available in the last week of 2016 won't be available in the new year. So, take out that pen and get ready to cross off that bucket list. Even if 2016 wasn't really your year, now's your time.
Here's a list of activities/things to see before the clock hits midnight on Dec. 31st:
1. Visit the stunning Christmas tree at Lansdowne Park.
2. See the magical village of lights at Upper Canada Village.
3. Take a drive down this 2km road of lights at Wesley Clover Parks.
4. Celebrate the end of exams with this map that will take you on an unreal brewery hop across the city.
5. Build your very own custom box of donuts at Maverick's Donut Company.
6. Try out this outrageous milkshake at Holland's Cake and Shake.
7. Eat this crazy holiday burger at Burgers N' Fries Forever.
8. Go winter zip lining at Arbraska Lefléche, just an hour outside the city.
9. Go on a wintery hike to the Wilson Carbide Mill ruins.
10. Take a trip to Camp Fortune or one of the many other ski hills around Ottawa/Gatineau.
11. Explore one of the city's beautiful walking trails.
12. Cross off your food bucket list and experience some of the city's unique, picturesque restaurants.
13. Kick off Canada's 150th birthday celebrations at Parliament Hill on New Year's.
Follow us on Snapchat: narcityottawa