Need Plans This Weekend? Here Are 15 Fun Things You Can Do In Ottawa
November 4th - 6th, 2016
After the craziness of last weekend (Halloween on a Monday?), it's safe to say we've officially ventured into pre-Christmas season. It's the first weekend of November, and now's the time where we're looking for those last-minute fall activities before the holidays really kick in.
From Christmas markets to DIY wine festivals, here are 15 fun things to do in Ottawa this weekend.
1. Check out the Ottawa Food and Wine Festival - complete with over 75 different kinds of wine and a "lock in" Cheese Vault.
On from November 4th-6th at the EY Centre.
2. But if you're in the mood to stay in, you can now pick up wine at your local grocery store for.
For a list of all the Ottawa stores that offer wine, beer, and/or cider, look here.
3. And while you're at it, check out.
I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House finally released on October 28th!
4. Catch dance crew "I.aM.mE" of America's Best Dance Crew fame at the Centrepointe Theatre
On November 4th at 8pm - for details check here.
5. Get an early start on your holiday shopping with Ottawa holiday bazaars.
On all weekend - for a list of markets to check out, go.
6. Celebrate 20 years of club nights at The Mercury Lounge's Red Party.
On Saturday, November 5th - more info here. And if it wasn't obvious already, make sure you wear red.
7. Work up a "Cold Sweat" at Camp Fortune's soul, Afro and Latin groove lodge party.
Also on Saturday, November 5th - more info here. Featuring Soul Jazz Orchestra & DJ Mr. Caffery until 2AM. Shuttle buses will also be provided to .
8. Check out the Ottawa Vintage Clothing Show
Held at the Shaw Centre on Sunday, November 6th, from 10AM to 5PM - everything from "streetwear to Chanel". Details and ticket info here.
9. Get your culture on at the Taste of Russia Festival
On Sunday, November 6th at the Pushkin Cultural Centre from 11AM to 4PM - for authentic food, live entertainment, art sales, and souvenirs. Info here.
10. The "We Will Remember" Concert at the Canada Aviation and Space Museum
The Governor Generals’ Foot Guards band and Central Band of the Canadian Armed Forces will be playing a tribute from 2PM-3Pm this Sunday - tickets are included with museum admission.
11. Or for something less sombre, Dane Cook takes TD Place on his Just For Laughs Tour.
One of the biggest ticket-sellers in comedy, on this Sunday at 7:30PM. Details here.
12. Don't forget to check out the first "Reserve Bar" Starbucks in Canada - exclusive to our very own Byward Market.
Yes, they serve. Did I mention it's the first of it's kind in Canada? Well - it's the first of it's kind in Canada.
13. And if you're in need of a Sunday wind-down, check outat the Nordik spa.
Just afrom Ottawa.
14. But when you think of Sundays, there is always one word that comes to mind - brunch.
a list of places in Ottawa for your next eggs benedict adventure.
15. Last but not least, what better way to celebrate fall than some fall-themed drinks?
What was life even like before? We don't want to know.