There are so many things that we can do in Ottawa. And when we do them, that's all we want to do forever. Tradition here is a staple in Ottawa, especially since we only really have two seasons so we feel the need to fit everything in during the summer months.
While there is a ton to do here, a lot of it is pretty basic. Hiking in Gatineau, eating BeaverTails on the Canal, going to Saunders Farm in the fall. It's all basic, but to us it's fun AF. If you haven't done a lot of these things, you may want to start planning all of it. I mean, you can't say you're an Ottawan if you've never eaten a true Shawarma!
1. Skated on the Rideau Canal and gotten a BeaverTail
3. Spent the afternoon looking at beautiful art at the National Gallery of Canada
5. Drank a delicious coffee from one of the most popular coffee shops in Ottawa
7. Spent all of Canada Day downtown in the chaos
10. Braved the cold and viewed all the amazing ice sculptures at Winterlude
11. Had a delicious brunch at one of these bucket list spots
12. Spent a fall night being scared sh*tless at Saunders Farm
13. Taken a bite out of one of Ottawa's best sandwiches
14. Gone hiking in Gatineau Park and taken a photo of it (because obviously)
15. Cheered on the 2016 Grey Cup Champions, the Ottawa REDBLACKS
16. Drank the most amazing sangria while eating pizza at The Grand Pizzeria & Bar
17. Taken a nap or had a picnic in Major's Hill Park
18. Tasted the most amazing gelato Ottawa has to offer
19. Eaten a shawarma in the shawarma capital of Canada
20. Gone to Bluesfest at least once in your life
21. Eaten The King Eddy's unreal chicken and waffles
22. Done yoga on Parliament Hill
Recommended for you
Courtney Lundy Advertising and Marketing graduate. My personality is a mix between David Spade and Kourtney Kardashian. My passions included Jake Gyllenhaal and New York City. I don’t trust people who like Monica more than Ross.