Science majors are a unique breed of human. Along with their spectacular intelligence is a suite of personality traits that maaay take some time getting used to. But if you're willing to stick it out, you might just end up finding that a science major is the keeper you've been looking for this whole time.
Here are 20 things you should know before dating science majors:
1. They tend to randomly blurt out scientific facts about anything and everything at any given time.
It always starts with the phrase "Did you know..."
2. They probably aren't the best persons to accompany you to your doctor's appointment.
Unless you're okay with them contesting every single diagnosis your doctor makes.
3. They will rant endlessly about the inconsistencies of the sci-fi movie you just watched.
"Umm, sticking a needle into a 66-million-year old fossilized insect will not give you viable dinosaur blood."
4. They'll scold you for not following cooking directions to the letter.
If you used a "pinch" of salt but the instructions specifically told you to use 1/4 tsp, prepare yourself for a lecture on the importance of quantitative relationships.
5. They're likely to be, to some significant degree, skeeved out by surfaces.
Virology 101 can do that to a person.
6. They crack jokes that the majority of people won't understand.
"I would tell you a sodium joke, but Na."
7. They have the compulsive need to correct any statements that aren't based on facts and scientific evidence.
Even if it means offending your gypsy aunt.
8. They will make you more paranoid about the sudden cough you just got more than a self-search on Google will.
"You have tracheobronchopathia osteochondroplastica. Good luck."
9. They might not be the best people to ask about their day.
Because their answer to that question is always something along the lines of "Just science stuff, you won't get it."
10. They often talk casually about gross things without knowing they're being gross.
"Let's discuss the differences between intravenous blood and menstrual blood"
11. They're as much in a relationship with their school life as they are with you.
You'll never realize just how jealous you can get of the 6-hour analytical lab that's stealing them away from you.
12. They'll likely have criticisms of your major.
Especially if you're in arts or business... Sorry...
13. They get a little frazzled when things don't go exactly as planned.
A result of their highly methodical nature.
14. They have the tendency to be a little messy.
A result of too much blowing stuff up in orgo lab.
15. BUT, at the end of the day, they're still a ton of fun.
As in, Ton: a unit of weight equivalent to 2000 pounds avoirdupois (907.19 kg). That's how much, yo.
Follow us on Snapchat: narcitytoronto