Churros make the world go round. Like seriously, who doesn't like churros?
You know what's even better than churros? Oreo churros. Yes, Oreo. You haven't lived yet until you've tried these. Not only are they out-of-this-world delicious, they're also relatively simple to make. Luckily for you, POPSUGAR has perfected the process (just be warned of the potential for a Oreo crumb mess):
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Separate the Oreo cookies from the filling. Place the filling into a separate bowl and process the Oreo cookies into crumbs in a food processor.
- Put the water, brown sugar, salt and butter into a deep-seated pot and bring to a boil.
- Put the flour, cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons Oreo cookie crumbs into a mixing bowl and whisk. Mix the flour mixture into the boiling water mixture until incorporated. Then add the vanilla extract and eggs to form a dough forms.
- Prepare two parchment-lined trays. Use a pastry bag with a five-star tip and fill with the dough. Pipe the dough into 3-inch circles or lines (one batch of dough forms 10-12 large churros). Place in freezer for 10 minutes to set the dough.
- Heat up the frying oil in a pot at least 2 inches deep at350ºF while the churros are freezing. Prepare a tray lined with paper towels and a bowl with the granulated sugar with the remaining Oreo cookie crumbs mixed together.
- Fry the churros twice at a time and turn them over every now and then for even browning. They should come out puffy. Drain the oil and coat them in the sugar mix while they're still hot.
- Use a heavy mixer to whip the heavy whipping cream until it forms nice peaks. Gradually add the Oreo filling while mixing (don't overmix). Place in bowl and use as a dip for your churros!
Photo cred - youtube.com