Did you know that cheese lovers now have their own official day? Since we obviously want to be part of today's celebration, we found out the most tasty and melty cheese recipe to honour this very special ingredient at the table tonight.
This will only take 15 minutes of you precious time:
Ingredients (for one grilled cheese):
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 slices sour dough bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup jack and cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons guacamole, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon tortilla chips, crumbled (optional)
Directions (from Closet Cooking):
- Cook the bacon until crispy and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheese onto the unbuttered side of one slice of bread followed by the guacamole, bacon, tortilla chips, the remaining cheese and finally top with the remaining slice of bread with the buttered side up.
- Grill over medium heat until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.