Summer is quickly coming to an end and to be honest, we couldn't be more excited! We're ready to say goodbye to sweaty TTC rides and neon crop tops, and hello to cozy sweaters and fall candles.
I don't care how basic it makes me seem, but I fvcking love fall. And deep down, you probably do too. If you think summer couldn't come to an end faster, than this list is for you!
1. No more awkward tan lines on display.
The strappy one piece was all fun and games, until I took it off and revealed a spider web-esqe tan all over my entire torso. This was not the "couture" look I intended on sporting at Cabana all summer.
2. The TTC will no longer feel like I'm trapped in an Easy Bake Oven.
Riding the streetcar in 35 degree weather with 98% humidity will not be something I will miss.
3. Netflix is about to get LIT AF.
Realistically fall TV shows are an excuse for me to fully ignore all prior commitments and dedicate myself to the Mindy Project. This is my civil duty, and I vow to become one with my couch this fall.
4. Manscaping will finally be taken seriously.
Yes Movember can be extremely unfortunate for a few individuals who like to rock the "I shave my face with a lawn mower" aesthetic. Although a vast majority of Toronto guys start to take their facial hair game pretty seriously once fall rolls around, and I'm not complaining.
5. The TTC will be restored to
somewhat working order.
Once the CNE comes to an end, and the summer tour buses start to leave the city, Torontonians can finally claim what is rightfully ours. You'll no longer have to explain to people that the CNE is at Exhibition station, or the fact that you can't use a transfer on the Go train.
6. You'll no longer look like a wet rat before even setting foot on King St.
Summer is great for clubbing and bar hopping. Being able to avoid coat check is a blessing in itself, and don't even get me started on how much I love patio season. But realistically, I am so over the constant humidity that instantly turns my freshly curled hair into a troll doll within minutes.
7. Fvck sweater weather, It's bootie season.
I'm totally kidding, I LIVE for a good cable knit. But wearing a heeled bootie makes me feel some type of way. No longer will my stilettos get stuck in the patio of Early Mercy. I'm going to look like a classy girl who can actually walk across a wooden surface without eating shit. This is a huge accomplishment for Toronto girls everywhere
8. You'll be stepping on crunchy leaves, and it will be satisfying AF.
I know I am not the only person who lives for a good leaf crunch. Head to High Park or Trinity Bellwoods when the leaves start to change, pretend the leaves are your ex, and stomp your heart out.
9. Walking by the Eaton Centre's Bath and Body Works will no longer smell like someone threw up a Piña Colada.
I feel very strongly about the Mahogany Teakwood three wick candle, and I will genuinely be offend if you don't like it.
10. Toronto gets a little sexier with all the students moving back for school.
Thank you Ryerson, U of T, OCAD, Humber, George Brown and York for bringing back every hot student that left the city for the summer, we really appreciate it.
11. Fall drinks are here, which means it's Toronto coffee shop hopping season.
RIP to Jimmy's golden latte, hello to Dark Horse's cranberry ginger apple cider.
Follow us on Snapchat: narcitytoronto