In Ontario, the university scene is a cutthroat and unforgiving one. Students are constantly judged for the school they go to based on a set of clichéd stereotypes that may or may not be true. No university is safe from the perpetual pigeonholing either - there's always something held against each university, whether its a subpar international reputation, a grotesque campus environment or an unbearably mundane party scene.
Ontario university stereotypes are a popular conversation on online forums. One commenter in an old thread on StudentAwards.com posted a series jokes and generalizations about various schools in the province. Though they may be brutally honest, they do make for some pretty great laughs.
Here are 12 brutally honest jokes about Ontario universities:
1. Why don't they have Christmas at Western?
They can't find a virgin and three wise men.
2. How do they separate the men from the boys at McMaster?
With a restraining order.
3. Why is it so windy in Kingston?
Because Queen's blows.
4. What do you get when you drive quickly through the Laurier campus
An undergraduate degree.
5. What's the first thing a York girl does when she wakes up in the morning?
6. How can you tell if a McMaster student is a heterosexual?
He can outrun his roommate!
7. What does a U of T student call a Waterloo student after graduation
8. Why do they sell so many button-fly jeans in Guelph?
Because the sheep can hear the zippers a mile away.
9. Did you hear that the library at Ryerson burned down?
Naturally, the students were very upset... Some of the books weren't coloured-in yet.
10. Why do York graduates put a copy of their diploma in the window of their vehicles?
So they can park in handicap spaces.
11. How do you get a Western grad off your front porch?
Pay him for the pizza.
12. Who does the Waterloo Engineering Society fear the most?