For all my Colts reading this, I don't need to tell you that life at Centennial is sometimes a rollercoaster. The commute struggle is real. Each campus has something way better going on than the other. Plus bright green is not most people's go to colour. However, there's no better school to learn all the things you need, in order to go out into the world and actually dominate. Some days you love every moment of your college experience and other days you can't believe you dragged yourself out of bed.
While Centennial might not be called a party school or mistaken for a top world ranked facility, being a CC graduate is a lot more valuable than you might think. While I personally loved my time at Centennial I do know that there are some far too real struggles that come with going there. Some day's the Colt life is rough, and here are 12 prime examples of just how bad it can get.
1. First and foremost, frosh week/ HOCO doesn't exist.
But hey, while all those other kids are destroying their livers and out making life long friends, we're at home getting ahead of those course readings! Talk about starting school with a bang.
2. Your life gets way greener than you ever thought possible.
3. Except when it comes to actual outdoor campus green space.
Centennial College problems ... pic.twitter.com/MWpbs4mI0V
— Willy Loman (@_MarcJaycobs_) June 3, 2013
4. You live in constant FOMO thinking that the other Centennial campuses are so much better than yours.
centennial's progress campus is honestly wayyy better than my morningside campus ?
— Angelie Chloe (@chloealvno) May 4, 2016
Centennial College HP Campus, needs to get a quick fix. Needs to look like Progress Campus. Lol.
— David Welsh (@_Hiraikotsu) March 22, 2010
Can't wait to switch from the centennial ashtonbee campus to morningside
— Pamela Gallagher (@pamelagallagher) November 7, 2013
5. Going to the Story Arts library is like traveling back in time, since everything in there is outdated and should be in a museum.
Can all my Story Arts kids stand up? Or C.C.C. if you're an alum reading this! I didn't even know Windows Vista was still around till I tried to do some research on the library computers. Hated my life the whole time.6
6. Should we even talk about the shit show that is myCentennial?
7. How is it that Progress gets a living wall in their library but HP kids only have the stone steps to lounge on?
Where are our tuition dollars going?
8. Also, fun fact, Degrassi: The Next Generation was filmed on the Centennial Morningside Campus. Not so fun fact: your Centennial student life won't ever be like Degrassi.
Photo Cred – giphy
Drake rapped all about it in his 2013 hit Worst Behaviour. The lyric goes: this ain’t the son you raised who used to take the Acura at 5 a.m. to go and shoot Degrassi up on Morningside".
9. You constantly feel like you're still in high school.
Centennial College looks and feels like high school #notimpressed
— Tanya Hoshi (@tanyahoshi) April 16, 2013
10. I mean seriously, the Story Arts Campus is like a never ending scene from High School Musical.
You walk into the building and someone is dramatically playing the piano. The music students are composing around the school. The PR students have a bake sale table out to raise money for their upcoming events. The journalism students are around campus with cameras interviewing any and everyone. Some days you have to wonder... is this real life?
11. And where else does this happen?
— Centennial College (@CentennialEDU) June 17, 2016