Summer in the city hasn't just brought in the tourists, the short shorts, and the patio go-ers; it's also blessed us with the beauty that is Farmers Markets. Farmers Markets, in our opinion, have wrongfully been associated as just a couple tents on the side of the highway selling buckets of berries. I know what you're thinking, "I already have a place to get my food!" Oh my ignorant chain store grocery store shopper, Farmers Market are, in the most eloquent way, the shit.
From hip food trucks to progressive families buying kale for their next clam bake; everyone and everything is welcome at the Farmers Market. The amazing food that we can find there can only be matched with the even better summer vibes that come from a stroll through the market. Sweet, savoury, drizzled in coffee or baked in a wood burning oven there is literally something for everyone. With food that comes from the true north you know you'll be feeling strong and free with these unreal eats you HAVE to try this summer.
1. J.K. Fries // Jamie Kennedy Kitchens
2. Macaroons // Earth And City
Where To Find - Sorauren Farmers’ Market, Apple Tree Market Davisville, Apple Tree Market Ryerson U, Annette, Village Market, Dufferin Grove Farmers’ Market, Apple Tree Avenue Road, Wychwood Barns Farmers’ Market, Brickworks Saturday, Brickworks Sunday Farmers’ Market , Leslieville Farmers’ Market, follow on FB for more.
3. Momo plate with Veggie Noodles // TC's Tibetan Momo
Where To Find - Various locations, check their FB!
4. OG Chimneys // Eva's Orignal Chimneys
5. Strawberries 'n' Cream Ice Pops // Sweet Sammies
6. Zimbabwean Style Pies // Mnandi Pies
Where to find - Leslieville Farmers Market
8. Sushi Art
Where To Find - The Stop's Farmers' Market at Wychwood Barns
10. Onigiri (grilled rice ball) // Abokichi
Where To Find - Sorauren Farmers' Market
11. Tapioca Crepe (Gluten Free!) // Tapioca Toronto & Tempo
Where To Find - Various locations, check their FB here!
12. Nutella Bombellone // Carla's Cookie Box
13. Surf n' Turf // Hot Bunzz
Follow us on Snapchat: narcitytoronto