Canada is an awesome country. Don't believe us? How about we were ranked the 2nd most progressive country in the world or that our athletes are totally crushing at the Rio Olympics right now. We have 10 provinces, 3 territories, and millions of awesome people.
But the truth is, some provinces are just better than others. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yup, we're talking about you, Ontario. There are pros and cons to our province but Ontario, we know one thing for sure - you stand out, you kick ass, and you're ours to discover. Let us all come together as one, and acknowledge these 14 things you'll only understand if you were born and raised in Ontario:
1. You had to wait an extra year to buy booze from the LCBO...
Fvck you Quebec, Manitoba and Alberta...
2. And speaking of Quebec, we all went there the second we turned 18.
That was probably where you went to your first strip club, don't lie.
3. But when you did turn 19, you were devastated that you couldn't buy alcohol from a convenience store or a gas station in Ontario.
Again, fvck you Quebec...
4. You have spent more than a couple of May 2-4's at Wasaga Beach or in Muskoka.
...And you probably tried to sneak into Banana's if you were underage.
Photo cred - @cic.gc
5. You at one point noticed that the province of Ontario is shaped like a fish and now you can't unsee it.
No really, go look at a map.
6. No one has ever gone to Thunder Bay.
And truthfully, you don't actually know where it is...
7. The 401 is the worst highway in Canada, and probably all of North America.
You've experienced it personally.
8. No one from Ontario actually goes to Niagara Falls.
And if we do, it's to gamble and get sh*tfaced, not to see one of the world's greatest natural wonders...oops our bad!
9. Having to explain where you live in relation to Toronto because no one else knows any Ontario cities.
"Ya, I'm from London, Ontario... It's 2 hours away from Toronto."
Photo cred - @storify
10. Every other province in Canada hates you.
They hate us cause they ain't us.
11. We think it's weird that Quebecers finish high school in grade 11, then have Cegep and then only have to do 3 years of university.
It just doesn't make sense!
12. The amount of money your car insurance costs depends on where you're from in Ontario.
Sometimes it pays to live in Beeton, Ontario.
13. We get all the coolest American stores.
Remember when Victoria Secret came to Ontario and not Quebec?
14. Ontario is the best province...
...and we know it.
Follow us on Snapchat: narcitytoronto