Embarrassment can be lurking around every corner of this enormous city. Accidental eye contact with the wrong person at the wrong time can launch you into a state of discomfort that will haunt you all day. We've compiled a collection of the 15 most likely scenarios you'll be faced with this month in Toronto that will undoubtably put you on edge. You don't have to be an introvert to cringe over this list of uncomfortable TO encounters:
Gif via iguessimagrownup
1. Making Eye Contact With Petition Recruiters On Dundas Square
Music up, head down.
Gif via Popsugar
2. Spotting An Ex At The Hoxton
There is absolutely no where to hide.
Gif via unrealitymag
3. A Dinner Date At O.Noir
Dinning in the dark seemed like a great way to compensate for your fear of people watching you eat... until you realize you actually have to dine in the dark.
4. Being Stopped & Questioned By CTV News
Lest we forget the anxiety ridden days of MTV Live's spontaneous street interviews.
Gif via madamebibilophilerecommends
5. Accidentally Holding A Stranger's Hand On The TTC
Actually, anything pertaining to TTC etiquette is usually cringe worthy.
Gif via theresnothingsimpleaboutlying
6. Realizing An Old Tinder Match Is Now Your TA
...And having to continue to share the embarrassment for the rest of the term.
Gif via Funnyjunk
7. Getting Lost In PATH During Rush Hour
You'd rather be trampled to death than ask a speed-walking Bay St. tycoon for directions.
Gif via Giphy
8. Being Forced To Serve A Prof At Work
Talk about student struggles. Just pray to God they don't make a joke about paying your tuition when they tip you.
Gif via Thebiglead
9. Being Unexpectedly Featured On The Air Canada Centre's Jumbotron
Just chug your $10 beer and hope no one you know is watching at home.
Gif via brightestyoungthings
10. Getting Caught In A Conversation About Political Policies You Know Nothing About
Has marijuana been legalized yet...?
Gif via Debbie Sapp
11. Running Into Old High School Acquaintances At Union Station
....And for then some reason they think it's okay to sit beside you for your entire trip on the GO?
Gif via hercampus
12. Visiting Friends That Underestimate How Much Of A Homebody You Are
"Toronto has an incredible nightlife. I'm just not sure when, where, or why I would go to find it."
Gif via Mashable
13. Not Knowing Whether Or Not You're Splitting The Bill When Your Waiter Asks
Your mind is immediately overwhelmed with questions.
"Was this even a date?"
"Are guys still paying for dates in 2015, or is that sexist now??"
"Why the f*ck did I suggest a restaurant that serves $18 salads?"
Gif via Hulu
14. Nathan Phillips Square... After November 30th
Once the infamous ice skating rink opens you have no where to hide from herds of rampant young children and PDA-enthused couples.
Gif via Giphy
15. The Holiday Donation Stands That Will Soon Flood The Eaton Centre
"Sorry, but I honestly can't afford to be a good person at this stage in my life."