Contrary to popular belief, not all Catholic schools are holy. In reality, Catholic schools are just the same as any other school; other than the fact that they have mandatory religion classes.
But despite this, there are still some experiences that are unique to Catholic students. Here are 16 struggles of going to a Catholic school in Toronto:
1. Having to buy expensive uniforms from McCarthy's but nothing even fits you properly.
And you're not allowed to "skinny" your pants.
2. Forever being broke because you spend all your money on food at the school caf.
Can't say no to a pizza and a patty.
3. Wanting to sleep in during Mass days but they're going to take attendance.
And you decide to sleep in anyway.
4. Having to roll up your kilt.
Because it's actual length is so ugly.
5. Being forced to wear your pants because you forgot to shave your legs.
No judgment passed, though.
6. Dealing with the fact that students in other schools always seem to know your business.
Because gossip spreads like wildfire in Catholic high schools.
7. Forgetting to wear shorts under your pants (if you're a guy).
You'd have to play ball in your McCarthy's.
8. Not having enough bus fare even with the student discount.
So you try to pass off a fistful of nickels and dimes as $2.10.
9. Needing to leave space for the Holy Spirit between yourself and your partner at school dances.
Bubbling got banned because of the last school dance...
10. Dealing with the heartbreak of losing a sports game to one of your biggest school rivals.
Pope always seemed to run everything.
11. Forcing yourself to wear your kilt even in the winter.
Because those grey McCarthy pants are just so hideous.
12. Having to wait forever until the next Civies Day.
And not knowing what to wear when it finally comes.
13. Skipping class just to hang out with friends at other schools.
No matter what you do, you still end up back in a school.
14. Rushing home to beat the automated message whenever you skip class.
Erase the evidence!
15. Being one of the unlucky students who go to an all-girl or all-boy school.
It isn't the worst, but it isn't the best either.
16. Going to a Catholic school when you're not even Catholic.
A.K.A. half of the students that go to a Catholic school.
Follow us on Snapchat: narcitytoronto