Photo cred - edk7
After living in a place for a while, you start to learn it's "do's" and "don'ts." Most of the time, this learning happens the hard way. And by that I mean, someone tells you to check out Dance Cave and you actually do it. But sometimes, someone warns you before you make a tragic mistake. Here are a few that you should definitely avoid.
1. Quitting your job before you've found a new one
Shit here's expensive yo.
2. Waiting to buy booze for that predrink
The LCBO near your place definitely closes at 8:00.
3. Not figuring out exactly where you're meeting someone before you both get on the subway
There's a solid period of time where you'll both be in incommunicado.
4. Eating at Ginger
Seriously, what were you thinking?
5. Spontaneously deciding to move downtown
Good luck with that.
6. Not planning out your day before you leave the house
Because there's no way you're coming all the way back home.
7. Going to Dance Cave
8. Using the same jacket for fall and winter
You definitely won't make it to spring.
9. Buying a musical instrument at Honest Ed's
There's no way they produce pleasant sounds.
10. Being a smoker
We'll see how you fare in the winter.
11. Trying to run down the stairs at Bloor-Yonge station
If you trip, you will definitely be trampled to death.
12. Running through the subway doors as they're closing
13. Letting your friends drag you to Cake
They'll say it'll be fun, but you know it won't be.
14. Agreeing to show your parents around when they come visit you
Get ready to spend a lot of time at Dundas Square.
15. Trying to get anything done around Bloor and Spadina in late August
You'll be tripping over U of T freshmen all day.
16. Driving a car
This is just a ridiculous thing to do.
17. Living in North York and trying to party on the weekend
I hope you like taking the shuttle bus!
18. Trying to rent Legally Blonde from Big Daddy's DVD shop
You're going to get judged, hard.
19. Walking through Eglinton station hungry
You'll end up hunched over, devouring a box of minibuns from Cinnabon on the subway, and it's not gonna be a cute look.
20. Going to Bay and Richmond for any reason
There's a good chance you'll get trapped in a stream of people and end up miles away from where you were going.