21 Reasons Why Owning A Dog Is Better Than Having A Significant Other
Dogs > BFs and GFs.
Meet Mocha. She's my best friend.
She's been with me through the good, the bad and the ugly. Whether I'm in a relationship or not, the one thing I can always rely on being there for me is my dog.
I never mind the periods in my life when I'm single because I know I'll still have my dog by my side at the end of the day.
I couldn't ask for a better companion than that, and I'm sure all dog owners can relate. Here are 21 reasons why owning dogs are better than having significant others:
1. They can't talk back to you.
And even if they could, they wouldn't.
2. They will never cheat on you.
Their loyalty is incomparable.
3. The longer you're away from them, the more they miss you.
The moment you get home is the best part of their day.
4. They don't care about the giant pimple that showed up in the middle of your forehead.
They'll love you no matter what you look like.
5. They will never betray you.
Your secrets are safe with them.
6. They won't judge you for eating that entire carton of ice cream.
Though, they might be upset that you didn't give them any.
7. They don't hold grudges.
"Forgive and forget" is their main policy.
8. They're better to cuddle with.
They'll cuddle with you for as long as you want.
9. They will still love you even though you make them wear things they don't want to wear.
You can dress them up how you like and they can't do anything about it.
10. They don't care about your monetary worth.
As long as you got treats, you're good in their books.
11. They don't take forever to get ready to go out.
Dogs 1, Girlfriends 0.
12. They won't take up the entire bed.
(At least, most of the time they won't)
13. They won't force you to meet their parents.
You'll never have to worry about impressing their parents.
14. They're great listeners.
They'll listen to your entire rant.
15. They'll forever remain cute.
No matter what their age.
16. They're always down for a selfie with you.
And they'll usually be the more photogenic one.
17. They actually prefer it when you're more clingy.
The more time you spend with them, the happier they are.
18. They're easier to please.
Give them a walk, a belly rub, a treat and you'll send them over the moon.
19. They're trainable.
There are no annoying habits that can't be fixed with training.
20. They'll always think you're the funniest person they've ever met.
No matter how weird you actually are.
21. They won't leave the toilet seat up.
Dogs 1, Boyfriends 0.
Follow us on Snapchat: narcitytoronto