First off, let's be honest here fellow short girls, we all do in fact own a step stool. It's okay that you got too tired of constantly standing on your tip toes in order to reach things, it's nothing to be ashamed of - we're just short girls trying to making it in the big city.
As if being a woman isn't tough enough, there's the added bonus that you're roughly the size of a 12-year-old child, making ordinary acts a major challenge. You're constantly overlooked whether at school or in the workplace, not because your talents don't measure up but because you actually aren't visible among your fellow, taller peers, what else is new?
1. You can't reach the overhead handles on the TTC.
You've fallen on the subway more times than you'd like to remember.
2. Nor the overhead compartments on a plane.
You only bring one carry-on item that fits perfectly under the seat in front of you.
3. Cooking is basically the same thing as rock climbing.
This is where the step stool comes in handy.
4. Family members routinely ask if you've grown yet.
'No Grandpa, growth spurts don't happen in your mid-twenties.'
5. You aren't able to see yourself in mirrors.
You know your bangs look good but that's about it.
6. Pants will forever be too long for you.
Getting your jeans hemmed has always been a part of your life.
7. Dresses and skirts will forever be too long for you.
But you actually don't have anything to wear.
8. Everything will forever be to long for you.
Forget about it.
9. You've boughten shoes from the kids section multiple times.
At least they are cheaper, right?
10. You have to wear heels everywhere you go.
Yet your still shorter than your tall friends.
11. You consider the shallow end of the pool the deep end.
Swimming just isn't really your thing.
12. Your feet don't tough the ground when you sit down.
You automatically start swinging your feet like a little kid.
13. Sitting behind anyone is a challenge.
You're a front row kind of girl (not by choice).
14. Always being at people's boob height when they try to hug you.
As Nicole Richie once said, "I'm tired of staring at people's nipples."
15. People like to pat you on the head.
You are 100 per cent not a dog.
16. People like to lean on you.
Why would this ever be okay?
17. They also like to refer to you as "cute."
You've accepted the fact that this is your default descriptor.
18. They also want to constantly pick you up.
Usually without asking permission.
19. Tall guys look they are trying to kidnap you.
But you still like your men a minimum if 6'0" anyways.
20. You are often mistaken for a child.
21. You just give up on everything.
You're too short for this shit.