In recent years, Toronto has garnered great publicity from Drake and other beloved celebrities. The much-deserved hype around Toronto has people wishing they were from here. Some occasionally visit Toronto from the outskirts and others come to vacation. The point is, you will never truly understand what it means to be Torontonian from a few visits.
Many claim to be from the 6ix, but it's easy to spot a foreigner if they do multiple of these things:
1. You annunciate Toronto properly…since when was there a second 'T'?
For the hundredth time, it's To-rono.
2. You don't get the hype over patio season.
If you're not excited for patio season, GTFO.
3. The glass floor of the CN Tower phases you.
"Wtf dude, just step on it".
4. You think the public transportation is the greatest thing…and that the streetcar is "charming".
Tell me how being stuck between two armpits is even remotely charming.
5. You don't understand half of the slang and are too embarrassed to ask.
They made Urban Dictionary for this very reason.
6. Kensington Market is your favorite part of Toronto.
Of all the places...
7. You're not down for brunch.
8. You need Google maps to maneuver your way through King Street.
Don't worry, you'll learn.
9. Eaton's Centre terrifies you.
It smells fear, so just relax.
10. So does Union Station.
The secret is to not stop power walking.
11. You think Bloor Street is the shit.
And by Bloor Street you mean from The Bay to Fresh.
12. You buy instant coffee from Tim Horton's…as a souvenir.
Yes, your grandma will love it.
13. You say "Drake" whenever you pass by Weston Road.
Just please don't.
14. You think downtown is all there is to Toronto.
It's called The Six for a reason...
15. You think Degrassi is still cool.
It went downhill a really, really, really long time ago.
16. You think everyone speaks and understands French.
17. And knows how to ride a moose.
Clearly, this is false.
18. You get excited whenever you see an RCMP.
Yeah, it is pretty cool, not going to lie.
19. You believe everyone when they say they went to school with Drake, Justin Bieber or either half of Majid Jordan.
99.9% of the time they're lying.
20. You want to go to Yorkdale.
No, but actually, what is wrong with you?
21. You keep commenting on everyone's "accent".
You say accent, we say what are you talking about?
Follow us on Snapchat: narcitytoronto