Oh Canada! You have so much to offer and so much land to discover. It may take some time to road trip from the East to West coast, but at least it's worth getting to know Canada with a couple of cool facts.
If you are a proud Canadian, you should probably become familiar with these 23 mind blowing things you probably didn't know about our country:
Read also: 14 Things You Will Only See In Canada
Photo cred - Pinterest
1. Every province has its' own flower.
2. As well as provincial birds and animals.
3. And trees...
4. West Edmonton Mall is the largest shopping mall in North America.
It's also the 10th largest in the whole entire world, has an indoor water park and a skating rink.
5. We have the 2nd largest coastline in the world.
An entire 243,977 km.
6. Canada's tallest mountain is in Yukon.
Mt.Logan stands at 5,959 metres tall.
7. Vikings discovered Canada before Christopher Columbus.
And they called North America Vinland.
8. Canada has had a female Prime Minister.
Kim Campbell was the 19th Prime Minister of Canada, from June 25 th 1993 - to November 4th 1993.
9. Skateboarding is illegal in Saskatchewan's business district.
No boarding in Swift Current.
10. The world's largest octopus is off the British Columbian coast.
In the Pacific Ocean.
11. Canada is the largest producer of...
Frozen French fries!
Photo cred- @evita_fotaki
12. Canadians on average chew 1 Kg of gum per year.
13. Pictionary was invented by a Canadian.
Thank Robert Angel.
14. And a Canadian invented basketball.
That was, James Naismith from Almonte,Ontario.
15. Canada never owned Alaska.
The U.S bought it from Russia in 1867.
16. Canada produces the only natural iceberg vodka in the world.
Made from real icebergs found in Iceberg Alley, and then processed in St.John's.
Photo cred - @timhortons
17. The largest concentration of doughnut shops in the world are in Canada.
18. Canada hosts a world bathtub championship race.
In Nanaimo, British Columbia every year.
19. Canada has 20% of the world's fresh water.
20. There's a polar bear prison in Manitoba.
In Churchill, polar bears are kept away in prison to prevent breaks ins for food.
21. Canada is the second most educated country in the world.
22. New Brunswick has the world's highest tides.
In the Bay of Fundy.
23. Canada has the longest highway in the world.
The Trans-Canada highway is over 7604 km.