24 Toronto Areas Described In 6 Words
Kensington Market: Has friendly hippies and angry drunks.
I could ramble on about all the great (and not-so-great) neighbourhoods in Toronto for hours on end. But if you're looking for a brief description to get the general feel of the area, here's what the some redditors had to say about our beloved city:
1. High Park: It smells like sh*t in the summer.
2. North York: I hope you like Korean food.
3. Scarborough area: Not as bad as everyone thinks.
4. Danforth: East Toronto is the best Toronto.
5. Jane & Finch: Male, 6ft, brown eyes, bomber jacket.
6. The Annex: Hipster Heaven. Oh, and Honest Ed's.
7. Woodbridge: Jersey Shore without the Shore line.
8. Liberty Village: Enjoy your shoebox; you've earned it!
9. Bloor West Village: Everyone has a dog. Everyone jogs.
10. The Junction: The stores close whenever they want.
11. South Riverdale: Parks and a gradually gentrifying Chinatown.
12. North Riverdale: We shop at the Carrot Common.
13. Cabbagetown: Double income, no kids, nice house.
14. Leslieville: More hipsters than the Beaches itself.
15. Moss Park: A preschool beside the strip club?
16. Bloordale Village: not just Portuguese sports bars anymore.
17. Old East York: We have a ravine. Only that.
18. Upper Forest Hill: We finally just got a pub.
19. St. Lawrence: Market (duh), Condos, tourists, and bars.
20. Kensington Market: Has friendly hippies and angry drunks.
21. University Heights: Making eye contact is a no-no.
22. Glen Park: Just Italian and Portuguese people galore.
23. Roncesvalles Village: No more construction! Oh, wait...
24. Harbourfront: Unbeatable in summer, but f*ck winter.