The holiday season is finally here, and Toronto is getting super excited. There are so many things to love about the holidays, especially when you're in a city as festive as ours!
There are numerous small details, events, and venues that put the extra effort into making this time of year special, and they deserve some recognition. If you're looking for 30 more reasons to fall in love with Toronto this holiday season, feel free to read on!
Happy holidays T.O.! :)
1. The Bay window displays
2. Seeing the annual Santa Clause parade
3. Indulging in the holiday drink menu at Hula Girl on Ossington
4. The opening day at the Christmas Market
5. When the Eaton Center finally puts up their tree
6. How twinkle lights are in virtually every office building's lobbies during this time of year
7. The smell of mulled wine in the Distillery District
8. When the CN tower changes it's coloured lights to red and green
9. Getting to visit Evergreen Brickwork's winter village
10. The Cavalcade of Lights outside of city hall
11. Taking cheesy holiday pictures under the distillery district mistletoe
12. When restaurants come out with their holiday menus.
13. How everyone is always walking around with a holiday Tim's cup in hand
14. Ice skating at Nathan Philips Square
15. How cool the edge of the lake looks once it freezes at Harbourfront
16. The adorable Christie Pit's Christmas light tiger
17. Seeing all your favourite musicians at Jingle Ball
18. How excited everyone gets for the first snowfall
19. Seeing apartment balconies lit up with Christmas lights
20. Instantly defrosting anytime you step in from outside
21. When the LCBO stocks up on the Chrsitmas drinks
22. Being able to finish all of your Christmas shopping just by visiting Queen West.
23. Indulging in the Sweet Jesus's winter menu
24. The adorable Santa's village in Sherway mall
25. How every reception desk offers free candy canes throughout the month of December
26. How beautiful Casa Loma looks once it's in full Christmas mode
27. Being able to bundle up in all your cutest boots and oversized scarves
28. How every Toronto thrift store understand your ugly Christmas sweater needs
29. Never failing to be able to find a gingerbread house kit at any grocery store
30. Indulging in beaver tails after a night of skating Harbourfront