33 Reasons Why You Should Be Proud AF To Be Canadian
TRUE Patriot Love.
Oh, we really fking love you. You're our homie, nation, land - all of the above. And we are super fking proud to live in one of the greatest nations in the world. You make us kind, cool, and most importantly - . Debatably the best a person can be.
We thought we'd take the time to tell you why being a Canadian is something you should be super fking proud of, incase you forgot the incredible associations ourhas with the rest of the world.
1. We are universally known for being sweet as pie.
Even when we're pissed. "I'm just disappointed but yeah thanks for trying."
2. Whenever we want to go through a door, it's probably already being held open.
3. Our nation is super accepting of all races, religions, cultures and sexual orientations.
4. We're diverse af.
Can you name a nation Toronto doesn't have a 'Little' of? Didn't think so.
5. We ban guns - not kinder eggs.
Fr, did you know you can buy a handgun in the States but not a delicious kinder surprise?? What????
6. We have free education!!!
Shoutout for basic intellect!!
7. AND free healthcare
Ever watch an episode of Greys and get sad when a family can't afford the medical bills? Not a Canadian prob y'all.
8. We have incredible wildlife
As pictured on our currency.
9. Canada's home to some of the most incredible skiing
10. And truly no one can touch us in hockey
I'm look @ you, Russia.
11. We have the highest population of wild bears
Not something to growl about.
12. We are the proud culture moms of poutine.
13. The maple syrup market is ours
What a monopoly.
14. We supplied the world with two sexy celebrity Ryans
Are you team Gosling or Reynolds?
15. We are famously pro-peace
Just minding our business up here.
16. Wherever in the world we go, everyone seems to love us
"You're Canadian?! No way, that's awesome!"
17. Terry Fox is a fking bad-ass
Dude trekked cross Canada with one leg. Iconic.
18. We high-key invented peanut butter.
19. AND the telephone.
Shoutout Alexander Graham Bell one time.
20. We have one of the coolest, most politically correct dudes running the country
@Trudeau I love u.
21. The Toronto Blue Jays are the only Canadian team in the MLB and they still kick ass
BC you can't mess with good ol'Canadian boys.
22. There isn't 'one type' of Canadian
In the same way that there isn't one type of Toronto guy or Ottawa girl.
23. We're happily bilingual
Oui, je parle français. Or at least enough to order coffee in Montreal.
24. You can surf, sled and stampede on our soil
Depending whether you're in Vancouver, Yellowknife or Calgary.
25. We blessed Hollywood with: Justin Bieber
27. Rachel McAdams
28. And Jim Carrey to name a few.
29. The worst dude we were known for was Rob Ford
And for the most part, he was just a big, red bucket of laughs.
30. And the worst stereotype we have is that we say sorry too much
Which is hardly a bad thing.
31. Canadian memes are always about being too nice/friendly
Hardly a problem.
32. Our money is colourful and waterproof
And sometimes smells like maple, which is just incredible.
33. There's no one else in the world as universally liked and loved as Canadians
There's just something about us, eh?