The quest for knowledge isn't cheap, especially in Ontario. According to Statistics Canada, the average annual tuition fees that Ontario university students pay is $7,539. That's roughly $30,000 for a 4-year undergraduate degree!
With that much money, the possibilities are seemingly endless. I mean, I'm not saying that it's a good idea to actually spend the $30K that's going towards your education on meaningless material things, but it's still fun to daydream about. Here are 10 cool things you could buy with your Ontario tuition:
Photo cred - Randy Holmes
1. According to Degy Entertainment, your $30K tuition might just be enough to hire: Christina Milian, Fabolous, Gucci Mane, Ashanti, Kelis, French Montana, Ice Cube, Sum 41, Jhene Aiko, Simple Plan, Vanessa Carleton, Solange Knowles, Jeremih, Schoolboy Q, or Sean Kingston for special appearances.
Approx. $20,000 - 30,000
Photo cred - Rebloggy
2. For a donation of $20K, Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin would write you into the next book in his A Song of Ice and Fire series and kill off your character. An additional $15K would also get you a meet-and-greet breakfast with him. (These offers sold out quick)
Photo cred - 7-themes.com
3. You could buy approximately 20 round trip flights between Toronto and Paris; that is, considering that one round trip flight costs around $1500.
Photo cred - novus_glass
4. You could choose to buy from a wide selection of small American franchises, from Novus Glass to United Country Real Estate (30K Canadian dollars is equivalent to around 22K American dollars).
Approx. $30,000 CAN
5. You could buy a Ford Mustang, Chevy Camaro, or any of these other sports cars.
Approx. $25,000 - $30,000
Photo cred - GQ
6. You could snag three 10-karat gold and diamond grills from Dang & Co like the ones Travis $cott allegedly wears.
Approx. $10,000 each
Photo cred - niho.com
7. You could purchase a 5-acre recreational lot in Topley, BC that is nearby several lakes and has all-season road access.
Photo cred - High Snobiety
8. You could blow it all on this Matte Black Limited Edition Rolex GMT Master II Watch or a Chanel equivalent, if you really wanted to.
Photo cred - Rebuild Hamilton
9. You could buy around 340 shares in THI (Tim Hortons Inc) to make that money grow.
Follow us on Snapchat: narcitytoronto