For those of you who are unfamiliar with what Port Credit is, it's a quiet little area in Mississauga by the lake. Its biggest attraction is the stunning harbour front and most memorable landmark is the Port Credit lighthouse (you can even find it on our Snapchat geofilter).
While Port Credit is only a short drive away, or exactly 4 stops on the GO train from Toronto, life is very different there; a far cry from the skyscraper clad, bustling streets of the city, it's an easy going place that you just can't help but fall in love with.
So whether you're originally from PC, live there now, or just are a frequent visitor, here are a few things you'll definitely be able to relate to.
1. You've definitely taken a date to Snug Harbour at least once.
2. You've definitely had super hungover breakfast at Sunset Grill...
3. ...And you were probably drunk at Spice or Door 55 the night before.
4. You were super proud to say Ryan Goslings mom worked at PCSS.
5. You swear that Great Canadian Pizza is still the best pizza you've ever had.
6. You were STOKED when the Pump in Port Credit got it's new reno.
7. You have at one point went to a bush party in Jack Darling Park.
8. Growing up, you had tonnes of friends from Port Credit Secondary School, Lorne Park Secondary School, Cawthra Park Secondary School, Clarkson Secondary School, St. Paul' Secondary School, Mentor College and give or take a few more.
9. At least 6 of your friends live on or just off of Mineola.
10. You freaking HATE the left turn to Stavebank from Lakeshore during rush hour.
11. As much as you love the lake, you do not love the smell the comes with it.
12. You're still mourning the loss of Ten Thursdays. RIP
13. You know we had one of the first Burrito Boyz locations and you're fvcking proud of it.
14. There's always super nice cars driving down Lakeshore in the summer.
15. You're also mourning the loss of that Baskin Robbins near Ten, but the Bubble tea place is pretty cool too.
16. You're totally blown away with how much PC has changed in the past few years.
17. The Starbucks parking lot on Lakeshore is what hell looks like.
18. You have been way too drunk at Waterfront Festival.
19. You can't remember what used to be on the corner of Lakeshore and Hurontario before those condos went up...
20. You have taken a super cheesy Insta/Snap of Toronto from across the lake.
21. Even though El Jefe just opened, you've probably already been 10 times.
22. You probably learned how to skate at Port Credit Arena.
23. You know at least one person that has worked at Snug Harbour, the Pump or Roc N Docs.
24. You know exactly where the "fish wall under the bridge" is.
25. You have totally driven down Stavebank Rd just to look at the nice houses.
26. You've been to a kegger where the keg was from Old Credit Brewing Co.
27. You totally love PC and wouldn't want to be from anywhere else!
Follow us on Snapchat: narcitytoronto