If there ever was a Willy Wonka for poutine, he'd probably live in Peterborough. At Whistle Stop Cafe, half of their six-page menu is solely dedicated to over 100 types of poutine – more than any other restaurant in Canada. After all, there's more to life than just cheese curds and gravy.
I'm not talking about just regular poutine here. No, I'm talking about pizza poutine, a Big Mac poutine, perogy poutine, Christmas dinner poutine, mac n' cheese poutine. The list goes on and on and on. Three pages, to be exact. Here's just a select few poutines you wouldn't find anywhere else:
- Krabby Poutine (Krabby Patty). Features a crab patty, cheese sauce and jalapenos.
- Momma Mia Poutine (lasagna poutine).
- Chinese Chicken Balls Poutine
- Snooky Poutine (Breaded pickle poutine)
- Philly Cheese Steak Poutine
They even have dessert poutine for when you're done your main course. Don't worry, they use funnel fries instead of potatoes, thank God. Some even use ice cream. Some of their dessert poutines include:
- Blueberry Pie Poutine
- Banana Split Poutine
- Candy Topped Poutine. A whole 'nother level. Marshmallows, peanuts, Reeses Pieces, SKOR, Smarties, chocolate chips and sprinkles. And to think, you thought the unicorn frappuccino was gonna kill you.
You can find The Whistle Stop Cafe on 141 Charlotte Street. More info can be found on their website linked here.