A 43-year-old Milton man has been charged for sexually assaulting five women on Milton Line GO trains over the past 10 months. According to Peel Regional Police, numerous local organizations have collaborated together in order to identify and locate the man who allegedly sexually assaulted five female GO train passengers between Milton and Union Station from June 2018 to February 2019.
Peel Regional Police have stated that the sexual assault of a 41-year-old woman was reported back in June of 2018. Then, they received reports from four Mississauga women that they too were assaulted between August 1st of 2018 and February 14th of 2019, CP24 reports.
The following incidents were reported to police:
- A 41-year-old woman who resides in Milton was assaulted on June 17, 2018.
- A 28-year-old woman who resides in Mississauga was assaulted on August 1, 2018.
- A 36-year-old woman who resides in Mississauga was assaulted in October 2018.
- A 23-year-old woman who resides in Mississauga was assaulted on November 21, 2018.
- A 20-year-old woman who resides in Mississauga was assaulted on February 14, 2019
Fortunately, in all five alleged sexual assaults, the victims were not physically injured, say investigators.
N/R - Man Arrested for Sexual Assaults on the GO Train - https://t.co/6PlDwBNsdH— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) April 3, 2019
On Monday, a suspect identified as Mizanur Rahman was arrested by police. He currently is facing five separate counts of sexual assault. He was released by authorities on the condition that he appears in court next month in Brampton.
Peel Regional Police urge anyone with information about these incidents is asked to call Special Victims Unit investigators at 905-453-2121, ext. 3460. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS(8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.